Thread: Orphan of the Day, 04-12, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville

Orphan of the Day, 04-12, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville

I believe an Embassy body on this one:

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 04-12-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 8E45E View Post
    I believe an Embassy body on this one:
    To shuttle the brass? Certainly not attractive as a parade car. The passenger access design is harsh. Perhaps even armored.

Of all the cars I've owned the one I would most want back is my '64 Bonneville. My Dad bought it new and gave it to me when I graduated high school. I drove that car for years and many miles. At a steady 75 mph that 389 4-barrel would give 25mpg. When it was new my Dad had plastic covers installed over the upholstery and the covers were still there when I sold the car sometime in the early '90s. The upholstery was still new under the plastic.

I was run off the road by a driver who failed to stop for a stop sign and went into a creek. It took two tow trucks to drag the car out...to say the least it was never the same again. The fellow I sold the car to only wanted it for the engine.

It was the best car any company ever bolted together as far as I'm concerned.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

President Member
    I think this car is possibly a "flower car" used by funeral directors. Craig would know since it's his picture & no doubt remembers it. The back half (trunk) area would be open ala El Camino style in a way. 64 was a great year for Pontiac. I remember a Grand Prix of that vintage that was the ride of Joey Jembarowitz. He worked in the parts dept. of the dealership where I had my first job after high school. That car was so clean! I mean REALLY CLEAN. He would wax the frame & the underside of the car was as it had rolled off the car carrier when new. Joey sold it to a good friend of mine in 1966 when he got a GTO.
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto