Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Our" Pure Stock Drags coverage in Finland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Our" Pure Stock Drags coverage in Finland!

You may remember the January 2012 Turning Wheels Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race reports, among them Finland SDC member Pekka Polvinen's review of being at the event.

Pekka is a multi-lingual writer for Finland's American-iron V8 Magazine.

Pekka just sent a copy of V8 Magazine in which his report of the event appears. It's not in English, so if we have a good translator among us, they'll be able to tell us what Pekka said!

Here's the introductory page of the article, and the Studebaker-specific sidebars:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

It sounds like Pekka is writing for a Swedish Magazine as well. I received an email from him yesterday stating that his article has featured a picture of my Hawk taking off the line at Stanton. He asked for my address to send me a copy! I will be looking forward to seeing it.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
      It sounds like Pekka is writing for a Swedish Magazine as well. I received an email from him yesterday stating that his article has featured a picture of my Hawk taking off the line at Stanton. He asked for my address to send me a copy! I will be looking forward to seeing it. Allen
      Right, Allen. IIRC, Pekka said he speaks and writes at least three languages fluently; one of them English, of course.

I really admire a person so enabled, and he's a real nice guy to boot.

(Now, if he would just get his butt on the forum and translate those cited sidebars for us!) <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X