parts at Carlisle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts at Carlisle

does any one know if there will be Studebaker parts at Carlisle? or is it mostly muscle car stuff.
    I went once with dad to the Mopar show. I couldn't go to the York show (had to work). do they only do York
    once a year?

Carlisle is so big that I'm sure there will be some, but my experience is they're few enough that they're like a needle in a haystack. Still, I look forward to it and go for a couple days every year. Wouldn't miss it!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I usually go to Spring Carlisle every year and occasionally see the occasional Studebaker car or parts for sale. It's not to common to see Stude specific parts there...usually those parts that were used on other makes that can be used on a Stude. The hunt is still worth it. Carlisle is a real experience that can't truly be imagined if you've never been there. You can't say it's mostly muscle car stuff...it's everything related to cars...particularly post-war. The muscle car era stuff has been hot for some time now so it's what you tend to find a lot of since that seems to be where the profit is.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I agree with both Bob Andrews and Gunslinger on this. Not a whole lot of separate Studebaker stuff as such, but it's still a show that's always worth the trip, if you like cars at all!

Dave Bonn
        '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Concur with the above comments. Since the York and Reedsville meets are both all-Stude and relatively close by, none of the Stude-only vendors usually attend Carlisle. But Carlisle is a good place to find NORS mechanical parts, like carburetors, gaskets, tune-up parts, and other aftermarket stuff -- the kind of stuff that any good auto parts store would have had in stock 50 years ago.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip's correct...you can find a lot of used or even NOS aftermarket stuff that's contemporary to Studes and other cars. It's like somebody found a lot of old JC Whitney items from back in the day.

Curb feelers anyone? How about a nice set of ground straps?
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

thanks guys I appreciate the info.

Comment

Working...
              X