Thread: Part id needed

Speedster Member

Part id needed

I found this wiring harness in my stash of old stude parts. Does anyone no what it would fit. I was thinking either a turn signal harness or a power window harness. Any idea would be appreciated. If it worth anything I will but it on Ebay.

Thanks.

T-cab

HARNESS.jpg
    [/IMG]

Heavy looking wires like that may be a window motor, but not like a wagonaire. What guage is the wire? Looks very Avanti. It may also be a powershift back up light harness but does not look like a regular stude to me.... good luck.

Speedster Member
    Thanks. I never thhought of an Avanti transmission. I do not know the gauge, but they are much heavier than the wires used on my '64 steering column harness. There is a red, black, green and yellow wire attached to the switch. The other end has a female connector for the yellow, red and green. In addition all four wires connect to a larger connector that has two male and two female.

This may not even be Stude, but it did come from a former Stude dealer.

T-cab
    [/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by (S) View Post
    Looks very Avanti. It may also be a powershift back up light harness but does not look like a regular stude to me.... good luck.
    Very probable, Mike; neutral safety/backup light switch for a Powershift transmission.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by T-CAB View Post
    Thanks. I never thhought of an Avanti transmission. I do not know the gauge, but they are much heavier than the wires used on my '64 steering column harness. There is a red, black, green and yellow wire attached to the switch. The other end has a female connector for the yellow, red and green. In addition all four wires connect to a larger connector that has two male and two female.

This may not even be Stude, but it did come from a former Stude dealer.

T-cab
    It's not for a Powershift. I think it is the switch mounted in the tail gate of a Wagonaire with the power window. It's been a long time since I had to replace mine, but it rings a bell in my fuzzy memory.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I checked a power tailgate motor and is has the same color of wires, single male bullet ends on them. They are heavy so it probably is one or the other.

Speedster Member
    It's for the wagon power rear window & includes the switch.