What do I do with old Stude parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do with old Stude parts?

I've, like many have limited space, and have this feeling that I am about to do something wrong throwing some old parts out. I've guilt-ed myself out thinking I am going to hell in a hand basket if I don't keep them

I've got lots of old parts that I don't want and not sure what to do with.

Examples are:

1) Old master cylinders - one from my Hawk and another from my Lark
    2) I just replaced the front sway bar in my Hawk with a HD one, What should I do with the old one?
    3) 10" Brake drums that I got with a Dana 44
    4) tapered axles (several sets)
    5) 63-64 Steering Wheels with cracks
    6) 63 Deck lid that got smashed in while in Maryland.

My list could go on and on. What should I do with these Old Parts that I have replaced on my Vehicles?

Your thoughts?

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

List about 10-15 in a post with cheap prices or free, charge for shipping and get rid of them and give a needy person a thrill.

Comment

Are you coming to South Bend for either the May Swap or National Meet, Allen? If so, bring them along and price everything dirt cheap; I mean cheap. Somebody will think they need it. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

junk the master cylinders,
        keep the axles offer them for sale or donate them,
        keep the drums offer them for sale or donate them, are they finned, can you measure them, I might be intrested in the drums,
        donate the wheels and never thow sheetmetal, out, donate it also,

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
        I've, like many have limited space, and have this feeling that I am about to do something wrong throwing some old parts out. I've guilt-ed myself out thinking I am going to hell in a hand basket if I don't keep them

I've got lots of old parts that I don't want and not sure what to do with.

Examples are:

1) Old master cylinders - one from my Hawk and another from my Lark
        2) I just replaced the front sway bar in my Hawk with a HD one, What should I do with the old one?
        3) 10" Brake drums that I got with a Dana 44
        4) tapered axles (several sets)
        5) 63-64 Steering Wheels with cracks
        6) 63 Deck lid that got smashed in while in Maryland.

My list could go on and on. What should I do with these Old Parts that I have replaced on my Vehicles?

Your thoughts?

Allen

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
        53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
        57 SH (project)
        60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

If I recall, Tom Curtis is hoping to assemble a database of folks with parts needing new homes, to include the casual pack rat as well as the full time Stude parts trader. How goes that project?
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I would not throw away the old master cylinders. They can be used for cores, and/or sleeved in brass and then reused. I've done this with several master cylinders, and once sleeved in brass, they are pretty much resistant to rust or pitting in the bores.
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              How goes that project?
              Brad, I've got all the parts I need to complete the 63 Lark convertible project, from pistons, 289 crank, heads, powershift transmission to Dana 44. I just have to find the time to really get going on it. Life is consuming me and I am spending too much time fixing my Hawk

Allen
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

The steering wheel in my 62 hawk has many crack and sun damage, I'd sure like a nicer steering wheel.if it will fit a 62 hawk.

Comment

I may need an axle, would certainly like to have a spare or 2. Would the axles you have fit a Dana 44 rearend ?
                  South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by K-Hawk View Post
                    The steering wheel in my 62 hawk has many crack and sun damage, I'd sure like a nicer steering wheel.if it will fit a 62 hawk.
                    The steering wheel I replaced in my Hawk has one or two cracks around 2 and 10 o'clock. If you want it I will send it to you. It's black. I just purchased an NOS one for my Lark Convertible. I'll send you the cracked one from my Lark too. It's red and white. Just pay the shipping.

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                    I may need an axle, would certainly like to have a spare or 2. Would the axles you have fit a Dana 44 rearend ?
                    The axles are from Dana 44's. I am sure I have one or two axles with undamaged threads around here. Again just pay the shipping. Just so you know they are heavy and will be expensive to ship to California. Not sure why anyone would want 50 year old used axles that are prone to break when your are driving down the road. I've replaced the axles in the three differentials that I have for my car with Fairborn flanged axles. Simply for my piece of mind,...hard starts, brake stands, spinning tires and drag racing have nothing to do with my decision making, honest.

Allen
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Didn't notice your location.
                      You are correct, you ought to trash the axles.
                      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I sent you an e-mail thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                        X