Floating Packard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Packard

Actually this is a picture of a flood waters in Coatsville, PA in 1955.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Well, it is a woody. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That bathtub is upside down

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Doesn't that sign say "No Parking At Any Time" ? I don't see where it makes any exception for a flood. <G>
        sigpic

Comment

It's not an exception for a flood. Silly.
          It's an exception for a Packard.

Comment

THAT is a cool car! I was not aware of a Packard station wagon (Ca. 1949 model year?) whether woody or not. What model would that be?
            John
            1950 Champion
            W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
            Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
              THAT is a cool car! I was not aware of a Packard station wagon (Ca. 1949 model year?) whether woody or not. What model would that be?
              Packard has made a few station wagons over the years; one of which I posted here:

and here:

Craig
              Last edited by 8E45E; 04-10-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of when I was 14. Spent the summer with older brother in Miami.He let me drive his 49 Packard around the neighborhood. Girl next door was 16 and wearing a bikini so I let her drive it. She uprooted a fire hydrant. Brother's wife was not happy! Brother was cool though.

Brother went to his reward March 26. I hope he had a brand new Packard waiting on him to drive on the streets of gold. I sure do miss him...
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                X