289 kickdown linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 289 kickdown linkage

After nearly 3 years I am reassembling my Hawk. My problem is that I can't remember how the linkage attched to the block. Could someone please snap me a pic??
    sigpic

Packardbakerly,
    J.D.

The chassis parts manual shows a picture of all the linkage and how it connects together. I would not dream or disassembling/reassembling a car without these manuals. They are good, cheap reference and will save you LOTS of time and frustration. All the Studebaker parts vendors stock them. I would buy the body parts manual also. They are cheap and invaluable.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Get the manuals on dics, then you can blow up the section you need and print it . ( And there cheaper too! )
      Last edited by brian6373; 04-13-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I will see if I can round up the parts and puzzle fit them for a photo. The workshop manual only shows a partial view of the setup and if you are not familiar with it it might not make sense. The parts manual shows all the parts but you have them in you hand. So what you need is a good view of it on the engine.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

How about looking at someone else's car of a similar vintage?
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I see there is no need for me to post a picture.

Comment

Working...
              X