No announcement yet.

1957 Silver Hawk...what color is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: 1957 Silver Hawk...what color is this?

My wife is starting to have concerns. I started with a 56 President, then a 57 Champion, a 51 Commander and now once again a Studebaker has fallen in my lap. It is a 57 Silver Hawk. The paint was cracking so it was sanded and in the process of being ready to repaint. Then the owner tired of the project. My good fortune.

I was looking at the colors Coppertone Mist and Tiara Gold Metallic. I am leaning more toward the Coppertone Mist.

Ideas?

thanks
    Attached Files

To: swaim,----- Nice solid looking Hawk. Tiara Gold is the main body color now correct?

Comment

I am uncertain what color it is now. That is what I want to find.
      I get the car next week.

Comment

Tiara Gold for sure. Compare to this color sample keeping in mind that color chips don't reproduce real well on most monitors.
        Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

You may want to buy the Aug. and Sept. 1998 issues of Turning Wheels from the back-order dept. to get the two-part article devoted to this model. Supposedly, the accent colors on your car were not offered at the factory. Many cars are seen with this paint arrangement though.
        Look under the dash around the bottom or sides of the glove box liner for a paper paint ID tag. In most cases the glue dried out and the tag is long gone, but it's worth a look.
        Last edited by Dwain G.; 04-07-2012, 10:01 AM. Reason: Paint ID tag
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The factory build order will have the color on it. Tiara gold is the color most often used on 57 GH, and probably the most often mixed wrong. The color on the car looks way off to me.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
          X