Thread: Is the meet open to public?

Is the meet open to public?

Hey everyone,

Is the studebaker meet open to the public? i would like to bring my mom and girlfriend down to the fair grounds to look at all the cars for a day.. and stop by the studebaker museum. We are out of Northern, WI.

I am currently on the search for a 63-64 avanti for myself, and my father owned many studebakers before he passed a few years ago...... and i thought it would be a good way to introduce the girlfriend to these wonderful cars and bring back some memories for my mom.

Thanks,

doug

The councours area is open to the public, and I belive that there is no fee to walk around and look at the vehicles. At least part of the vendor area may require a small admission fee, but it is a neat way to learn more about our cars and their peculiarities. There are also vendor items that appeal to a broader interest than just our vehicles.

I think it is great that you want to make a day of it, and I'm sure you'll all love the museum. I wish you luck in tracking down an Avanti!
    Last edited by Peanut; 03-25-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Welcome, Doug.
    Much of the meet venue is open to the public. Much of it also requires a contribution of sorts. Presenting an event of this magnitude entails a substantial investment on the part of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Should your attendance be thwarted at any point, please do not be offended. It simply can't happen for free.

President Member Chris_Dresbach's Avatar
    Here's the way I understand it. When you register, you get an official SDC badge. This badge MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES. It is your pass to get into the fairgrounds. If you drive your car into the fairgrounds with other people in it, and you have your badge, everybody gets in. HOWEVER, if you DO NOT have your badge there is a $5 gate fee. The meet is open to the public, but again there is a $5 fee if you don't have your badge or not an SDC member. Once you are in there is no charge to enter the concorse or the vendor area. There is much more information on this in this months "Presidents Letter" in Turning Wheels. (Apr. 12)
    Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 03-25-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: additional rambling
    Chris Dresbach. South Bend, IND.

1940 Champion two door sedan "Ely"
    1952 Model N prototype in pieces
    1963 "Turtle" prototype
    1953 Sunroof prototype (Recovered from the proving ground graveyard in 1969)
    1960 Lark 2dr sedan
    Michiana Chapter Secretary

Thank you very much for the replies.. I have no problem paying to get in to support the meet, and the on-going tribute to studebaker.

I'll have to go through all the info now and try to find the best day to come down during the week..
    Last edited by 63avanti.; 03-25-2012 at 10:23 PM.

President Member
    The best day to maximize your exposure to Studebakers is on Thursday. That is concourse day and all vehicles participating will be on the grounds that day. The rest of the week not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 63avanti. View Post
    Thank you very much for the replies.. I have no problem paying to get in to support the meet, and the on-going tribute to studebaker.

I'll have to go through all the info now and try to find the best day to come down during the week..
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv. 259, Flightomatic
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD