No announcement yet.

GT Hawk parts on Starliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Speedster part, IIRC, is longer with a different end that meets up to the stainless topping the rear quarter panel. 55s would know for sure.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      I didn't realize that there is a difference in the belt moulding, (on 1/4 panel under 1/4 glass), between a '55 Speedster and a '55 (K) hardtop. One unusual thing I noticed on My late production Speedster is that
      the L+R mouldings that join the roof 'Halo' to the 1/4 panel upper rear stainless trim are made of solid brass as opposed to pot (white) metal.
      Since only the 55 Speedster uses the halo the other ones would be different and if yours are solid brass then some one made them up, never seen a set as original, might be wrong but don't think so..
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob, you must have the parts Bengt53 needs. The cores I have came from you, I believe (lol). If you have 'em and will ship to Sweden, lemme know. Otherwise, I'll be sorting through my shed for your cores

Comment

To: candbstudebakers,--------- Yes, I haven't seen another set like this either----definitely factory----- and heavy! My best guess is that when building this Speedster, there may have been a temporary shortage of these parts so they
          possibly used a pair of pre-production brass mouldings to get My car 'out the door'. ( last week of production car)

Comment

Took a look, Bengt53. They're not in the easy part of the shed. I'll have to go through boxes. I found some on eBay a while back. Will check again.

Comment

Ok, Dave. I await.
              Bengt Engwall
              1953 Commander Starliner

Comment

Check your PMs, Bengt53!

Comment

Belt moulding under !/4 windows same,---- President Hardtop and Speedster Models

Comment

I believe we're looking for Commander parts. Don't know if the President hardtop used the Speedster one, but Commander molding is not the same as the Speedster.

Comment

Working...
                    X