63/64 Air conditioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63/64 Air conditioning

Anyone have a wiring diagram for 63/64 factory A/C.

Bob Johnstone
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

I don't have a wiring diagram, but I do have an outfit off of a '64, although nearly all AC's are about the same. I'll have to dig it up and look at the wires to be sure, but if memory serves me correctly, there's only about three wires from the evaporator unit with loose ends. One goes to the ignition switch and I think it had a fuse holder in it. There'll be a ground wire which I think came out of the fan motor and the third, long wire goes to the electric clutch on the compressor. If you need, I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow but that's all there should be.

Comment

Thanks John,

I hesitated to ask, as they all work the same way. I didn't think about the ground wire though and that's most likely the problem.

Bob Johnstone
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I checked this morning and I was wrong, there's only two wires, the 12V positive and the clutch. The fan motor is grounded to the unit itself which then has to ground itself through the dash framework. I think I'd feel better with attaching a ground wire to the grounded terminal on the unit and then connecting that wire to another ground source.

Comment

Just to lighten up the topic..my 62 Lark A/C..roll down all windows and drive fast!!!

Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..
          Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

quote: Just to lighten up the topic..my 62 Lark A/C..roll down all windows and drive fast!!!
            Just be sure you don't blow out the back window!

Comment

Working...
            X