No announcement yet.

64 Avanti found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey gang. I ended up getting this car. I was best friends with the currant owners brother who died in 1979 from cancer. I paid to much for the car but wanted it to restore per my buddys plan. As Tom was passing time in the hospitals battling cancer he was making a plan for the car, performance up grades and such. I have all his letters and drawings in a book and built the car per his plans. Was an emotional build for me. Put over 2000 man hours of my time in the car and $42,000.00 out of pocket to restore every inch of the car. It drives great and is very fast and turns lots of heads.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1716749

Comment

I like happy ending stories like this.

Comment

Based on what some R-2 4 speeds are bringing these days It may have been a good investment , Good luck with it and enjoy , Ed

Comment

Nice work will you be bringing the car to the zone meet? I'm sure many of us would like to see it in person.

Comment

Mark sent me a p.m. advising me of his work and this post. Quite incredible to see this car as it is, seeing that it was a total mess when we looked at it for Dan. The color was changed from the maroon if I remember correctly, and the wheels/tires were a mis-mash of incorrect everything. I'm glad to see that it has been restored and put back on the road. Congrats Mark for a job very well done! Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Teambeav View Post
              Put over 2000 man hours of my time in the car and $42,000.00 out of pocket to restore every inch of the car.
              Keep it long enough, you'll do well.

Looks real good, though!

Craig

Comment

John Poulos
                Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                Whoever coined the phrase "There's no such thing as a cheap Avanti" was talking about one like this. Still, it is what it is, and probably worth 5 to 8K to somebody.

Comment

Nice to have money, or be single or a wife who is a saint.
                  Originally posted by Teambeav View Post
                  Hey gang. I ended up getting this car. I was best friends with the currant owners brother who died in 1979 from cancer. I paid to much for the car but wanted it to restore per my buddys plan. As Tom was passing time in the hospitals battling cancer he was making a plan for the car, performance up grades and such. I have all his letters and drawings in a book and built the car per his plans. Was an emotional build for me. Put over 2000 man hours of my time in the car and $42,000.00 out of pocket to restore every inch of the car. It drives great and is very fast and turns lots of heads.[ATTACH=CONFIG]67730[/ATTACH]

Comment

So do most men with X wifes
                    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                    I like happy ending stories like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                      So do most men with X wifes
                      Unless the X-box pulls the 360 on you and keeps all your stuff!!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X