• Looking for a set of canadian crossed flags

Looking for a set of crossed flag emblems for the 66'Daytona. Thanks Shane

hard item to come by
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

For the sail panel? You need two of them? I will have a look tomorrow. Might have some.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
        For the sail panel? You need two of them? I will have a look tomorrow. Might have some.
        Yeah, The crossed checkered flag emblems. I only have half of one left

Comment

If different then post a picture, if not then I have some.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

The only Cars I have seen these on were all Canadian Built late '64's, I guess the 6 Cyl. Sport Sedans might have had these Flags with no V-8, but I thought they were never used after '64, since my '65 V-8 Sport Sedan had the regular V-8 Crossed Flags on it, that NO '64 Canadian models did, regardless of Engine Type.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 12-04-2011, 11:53 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich (and others):

Here's an odd 1964 Daytona Six sedan I am considering buying in central Indiana. The photos were taken within the last 4 months.

As you can see from the side-view photo and serial number, it is a Hamilton-built 1964 model year car built before December 31, 1963....and it has the non-8 checkered flags. (The car is an unusually-nice, mostly-original car with only 23,000 actual miles on it, too.)

This car is unusual in that it was sold new in Franklin IN (just south of Indianapolis), but built before December 31, 1963. I would have thought all 1964 model year Studebakers built in Hamilton during calendar year 1963 would have stayed in Canada, but this car proves at least one escaped! <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Rich (and others):

Here's an odd 1964 Daytona Six sedan I am considering buying in central Indiana. The photos were taken within the last 4 months.

As you can see from the side-view photo and serial number, it is a Hamilton-built 1964 model year car built before December 31, 1963....and it has the non-8 checkered flags. (The car is an unusually-nice, mostly-original car with only 23,000 actual miles on it, too.)

This car is unusual in that it was sold new in Franklin IN (just south of Indianapolis), but built before December 31, 1963. I would have thought all 1964 model year Studebakers built in Hamilton during calendar year 1963 would have stayed in Canada, but this car proves at least one escaped! <GGG> BP

Honestly, I didn't think the '66's had them. My car has had the standard vinyl roof replaced, so maybe they just didn't make it back on the car but I don't recall ever seeing a '66 with them.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

This car is unusual in that it was sold new in Franklin IN (just south of Indianapolis), but built before December 31, 1963. I would have thought all 1964 model year Studebakers built in Hamilton during calendar year 1963 would have stayed in Canada, but this car proves at least one escaped!
                  Definitely, Bob! And the serial number proves it was an earlier "first series", as some say, car, too. I wonder just how many other 'first series' Hamilton-built cars were sold in the U.S. besides this one.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Definitely, Bob! And the serial number proves it was an earlier "first series", as some say, car, too. I wonder just how many other 'first series' Hamilton-built cars were sold in the U.S. besides this one. Craig
                    Right, Craig; that's what I find so unusual.

I mean, when Studebaker discontinued South Bend assembly at the end of calendar year 1963, they had an enormous glut of unsold, 1964 South-Bend built models to unload anyway they could to dealers. Why would they go to the trouble of bringing in a Hamilton-assembled 1964 model built before January 1, 1964?

I know the above subject car was originally purchased by a little old lady, but it would be difficult to imagine her being so adamant about having a 1964 Daytona Six sedan that they brought one down from Canada because that specific model was not available from South Bend.

Weird stuff. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I know the above subject car was originally purchased by a little old lady, but it would be difficult to imagine her being so adamant about having a 1964 Daytona Six sedan that they brought one down from Canada because that specific model was not available from South Bend.
                      Any idea on the 'sale date' of that car (and possible 'order date' if she didn't buy it off the lot)? That would most likely answer a few questions.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        Any idea on the 'sale date' of that car (and possible 'order date' if she didn't buy it off the lot)? That would most likely answer a few questions. Craig
                        No, Craig, I do not. The 80-odd-year-old gentleman offering it for sale now bought it directly from her estate about 25 years ago, and is the second owner. He got no paperwork with it, 'sorry to say.

If I buy it, I'll pursue a Production Order because I agree, even that will be interesting as to final assembly date and destination.

Nice original interior, eh? BP

Last edited by BobPalma; 12-05-2011, 06:39 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

This is the emblem he is looking for

the part number is 1360154 W P

...I do have a pair of nos ones but we have one of these cars in the family and I really don't want to part with them .
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I did have a set of them and never figured they were Studebaker, and I think they are still in a drawer in the garage , I will look and then if so they can be had.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

With all due respects to whoever supplied them to Hamilton Assembly, I believe they were also marketed as an off-the-shelf, aftermarket, generic decoration.

I wouldn't be surprised to find them in a catalog such as Speedway Motors, Summitt, Jegs, or even J. C. Whitney, but don't have the time right now to go on a safari looking for them. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X