Thread: Studebakers and other Dream Cars

Silver Hawk Member

Studebakers and other Dream Cars

I have a friend, Marty Martino, who besides helping his son build this Hemi powered 53 Studebaker Starlight, is building from scratch three 50s Dream Cars.

One is the Lincoln Futura. He built this before some years ago and also did a Batmobile version, but he has built another one.

The Futura is sitting in Bruce Elder's shop in Staunton, Virginia

This is the Pontiac Club de' Mer

This is the Chrysler Norseman. The original car is still at the bottom of the ocean inside the Andrea Doria where it sunk on it's way from Italy to the U.S. in 1956. It never has been seen on U.S. shores.

Marty is going to Tulsa to see the unearthing of the famous 57 Plymoputh this weekend. He hopes to draw some attention of an interested party who will back his Norseman project, the other Chrysler product below grade!

He takes photographs and draws to scale and then builds a mold. He also makes scale models from scratch like this 1/25 scale 54 Land Cruiser he made.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leonard Shepherd

Great work! I hope he has success with the Norseman project.
    There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested? There's also the guy from Gilbert, Arizona who buys lots of stuff at B-J in Scottsdale.

When I met George Barris, I got to sit in the original (metal) Batmobile. What a car (and a huge thrill for any one who grew up in the 60s)! I'd like to see the Futura version too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Great work! I hope he has success with the Norseman project.
    There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested? There's also the guy from Gilbert, Arizona who buys lots of stuff at B-J in Scottsdale.

When I met George Barris, I got to sit in the original (metal) Batmobile. What a car (and a huge thrill for any one who grew up in the 60s)! I'd like to see the Futura version too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Silver Hawk Member
    quote:There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested?
    Yes, his name is Bortz. He has a whole collection of dream cars. He and Marty know each other. Something may happen there.

Leonard Shepherd

Silver Hawk Member
    quote:There is a famous collector of "dream cars" from (I think) the Chicago area. Wonder if he'd be interested?
    Yes, his name is Bortz. He has a whole collection of dream cars. He and Marty know each other. Something may happen there.

Leonard Shepherd

They all look great, but the '53 Stude has some very subtle and sexy mods - nice!!

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC

They all look great, but the '53 Stude has some very subtle and sexy mods - nice!!

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC

Golden Hawk Member
    Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

Golden Hawk Member
    Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

Silver Hawk Member
    quote:Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
    He did that model like certain models that were done in the 50s with painted trim and silver on the windows. That was done on purpose. But you are right, the bumper guards are wrong.

He did several other models the same way like this 42 DeSoto and Caddy . He also did the Mercury and trailer.

He can do deatiled work like this Packard Caribbean

Leonard Shepherd

Silver Hawk Member
    quote:Nice model in a large scale, but why would he put '53 C/K bumperettes on a '54 Land Cruiser and make the headlight rims, hood ornament & door handles body color? I would expect better based on the overall quality of work that he exhibits.

Gary L.
    He did that model like certain models that were done in the 50s with painted trim and silver on the windows. That was done on purpose. But you are right, the bumper guards are wrong.

He did several other models the same way like this 42 DeSoto and Caddy . He also did the Mercury and trailer.

He can do deatiled work like this Packard Caribbean

Leonard Shepherd

Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn doctor’s buggy; Studebaker horse drawn “Izzer” buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures" (including a 1959 IH B-120 4 wheel drive and numerous Oliver and Cockshutt tractors).

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn doctor’s buggy; Studebaker horse drawn “Izzer” buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures" (including a 1959 IH B-120 4 wheel drive and numerous Oliver and Cockshutt tractors).

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Silver Hawk Member
    quote: Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?
    Yeah, that belongs to Reggie Nash. It's a real nice car.

Leonard Shepherd

Silver Hawk Member
    quote: Speaking of Caribbean's, did you see the convertible at the car show Saturday?
    Yeah, that belongs to Reggie Nash. It's a real nice car.

Leonard Shepherd

Golden Hawk Member
    Nice models. He does excellent work. That Mercury pulling a trailer reminds me of a 50 year old story. My father had a '53 Mercury Monterey with standard transmission. When he sold the car, privately, the buyer said that it was just what he was looking for. He wanted the flathead V-8 and standard transmission to pull a trailer with.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

Golden Hawk Member
    Nice models. He does excellent work. That Mercury pulling a trailer reminds me of a 50 year old story. My father had a '53 Mercury Monterey with standard transmission. When he sold the car, privately, the buyer said that it was just what he was looking for. He wanted the flathead V-8 and standard transmission to pull a trailer with.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

LOVE the Merc and trailer- from the Lucy and Desi movie, "The long, long trailer", I believe from 1954... one of my all-time favorites[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

LOVE the Merc and trailer- from the Lucy and Desi movie, "The long, long trailer", I believe from 1954... one of my all-time favorites[^]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1