Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an ad in the local Tulsa club

Wanted;
    15" wheels needed for a '55 truck, these are fancier than originals. A set is needed with 4.5 bolt patern
    contact Bob Canada at , ----- well just contact me thru this forum, he probably doesnt want his e-mail addy published here.

I have never seen these wheels, does anyone have a pic of them?
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Well still NO bites on a useable rim anywhere. I have called every person that some of you PMed me numbers for and posted on the truck forum that Dave Lester posted the link to. Still ZIP, Zero, Zilch, Nada, nothin.

If anyone has any more Ideas or options, PLEASE let me know. I dont even care about drop centers anymore just a stock 2 piece even. Just to clarify again, not looking for a freebie or some special deep deal thing. Just a useable rim.

Desperation is ugly. I feel like the fat wall flower at the prom....lol

Comment

Now if your not in a hurry a buddy of mine may be able to fix you up but it won't be till spring because his truck is still sitting on them for the winter.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Obviously I will have to wait if I cant find one before then, lol. No options really.
          I am hoping to find one sooner than later though. I need to tow my truck down to a local scale for my registration and it has to roll on and off of the trailer and onto the scale on its own. I can not weigh it on the trailer then come back and weigh the trailer later. It HAS to roll on and off of the scale on its own wheels according to the dmv. It does not have to run but it must be complete overall and roll to get the weight cert for registration.

I am hoping to flat tow it just with a tow bar so I need the last rim. I have 4 useable tires and 4 new tubes and 3 rims. I have a 4th rim but the back space is so much more it would not be safe to tow it at all because it would want to pull the steering left or right too bad.

At this point I would even take another Ford coined dually wheel to match my oddball so I could have 2 n 2 temporarily.

Keep the feelers out folks. As always, thanks.

Comment

I have to wonder if the dMV would accept Studebaker specs on your model Stude as the official weight. I've got some factory 2R spec sheets around here someplace. Surely they wouldn't think the thing GAINED weight in 60 years!
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I don't know why they wouldn't.....I have <g>
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Does rust weigh more or less?

The problem with the weight is that I have NO title so they are creating a new one, thus it needs a weight certificate, actual weight. I agree it should be the same as every other 2R10.....with a V8 hehehe.

The title will still be '52 Stude 2r10, so I am not gonna cry about a $10 weight cert, it is just getting it there.
                Bottom line, I need a rim.
                If things go well I am looking at gettin it driveable in a few {+ or -, more + than - } weeks, so weight cert issue or not, I will need a rim.

Comment

So after Roscomac and 2R5's comments I went out and looked at my truck. It still has the 2 ID plates in the left door running board area. The one you look straight at has the ID number or serial number and right on it is the weight rating that says "max gross weight 6100"
                  I dont see the problem.
                  I need to stop back by my regestration guy and see.

Comment

"Max Gross Weight" refers to how much the manufacturer rated the combined weight of the truck and cargo for the original equipment springs and tires. It is not the weight of the truck itself, which is what the DMV no doubt wants.

Comment

Most Studebaker V8 3/4ts weigh right at 4,000# with the dealer-installed diamond plate rear bumper..

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
                        "Max Gross Weight" refers to how much the manufacturer rated the combined weight of the truck and cargo for the original equipment springs and tires. It is not the weight of the truck itself, which is what the DMV no doubt wants.
                        I understand what GVW is. My point would be that the DMV wants GVW so they can road tax the capacity of a truck. The road tax is based on what you can do on the road, and the damage that causes.

Even if it is pure truck weight they want, I dont care if they use the GVW, it just means a few more dollars on my registration renewal each year...very little at the difference of the 4100# to 6100# point.

Comment

Kelly, try an ad in the Studebaker Swap Page here http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/swap.php

You can also, now your a member, get a free ad once a year in Turning Wheels. Maybe things will pop for you on this & you'll end up with 2 wheels so you'll have a spare too!

Speaking of spares, I need a wheel for my 62 Champ 3/4 ton. And one stainless steel hub cap. I looked when this thread started so I could loan you one of mine but mine are 8 lug wheels where you need a 6 lug.
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren you are the man. It looks like a guy named Doug Yates has 2 in Ohio. $15 ea. Now just the price of busting off the old tires, shipping, and a few bucks for him taking care of that stuff....gonna be a bit pricey, but I need them and I appreciate his help as well as everyones input. A few good leads but nothing until that link to the swap site...Hopefully it will work out and be right.

Comment

Hey! This is good news! I had a coupla leads workin', but I can drop them now. If the seller's willing to take them by a Greyhound station, they'll travel to the station closest to you for fairly cheap. And quick too.
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I never thought of that for shipping. How does that work?
                                I already looked it up on usps- $38, fed ex $48, ups $58....each.

Comment

Working...
                                X