259 V8 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 259 V8 Question

Are these for the heater coil or something else. I just want to know where they go to. Thanks.

Last edited by EmersonCollie; 10-17-2011, 10:56 PM. Reason: I posted the wrong picture link.
    sigpic
    51 Studebaker Commander Land Cruiser

The port on the left...drivers side is where the coolant temperature sensor goes....there is a cover plate that it srews into.

The right side elbow is the return line from your heater....don't know what years they were used and may have been used when
    A/C was installed....this was the case in my car...saves having to drill and tap the water pump manifold for the return line when the compressor is located above it.

If you don't use the elbow....I could use it.

Bill
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

On all of my Studebaker V8's (two 289's & two 259's) the left port is coolant temp sender and the right port is blocked.

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
      55 Speedster (in work)
      63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
      64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
      64 Avanti R2 (completed)
      85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
      89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Billy View Post
        The port on the left...drivers side is where the coolant temperature sensor goes....there is a cover plate that it srews into.

The right side elbow is the return line from your heater....don't know what years they were used and may have been used when
        A/C was installed....this was the case in my car...saves having to drill and tap the water pump manifold for the return line when the compressor is located above it.

If you don't use the elbow....I could use it.

Bill
        That right port elbow was used by most if not all after market air conditioners.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
        X