Thread: 259 V8 Question

Commander Member

259 V8 Question

Are these for the heater coil or something else. I just want to know where they go to. Thanks.

Last edited by EmersonCollie; 10-18-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: I posted the wrong picture link.
    51 Studebaker Regal Champion

President Member
    The port on the left...drivers side is where the coolant temperature sensor goes....there is a cover plate that it srews into.

The right side elbow is the return line from your heater....don't know what years they were used and may have been used when
    A/C was installed....this was the case in my car...saves having to drill and tap the water pump manifold for the return line when the compressor is located above it.

If you don't use the elbow....I could use it.

Bill
    Bill Foy
    Gananoque, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire - 1953 Starlight Coupe

On all of my Studebaker V8's (two 289's & two 259's) the left port is coolant temp sender and the right port is blocked.

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
    55 Speedster (in work)
    63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
    64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
    64 Avanti R2 (completed)
    85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
    89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Billy View Post
    The port on the left...drivers side is where the coolant temperature sensor goes....there is a cover plate that it srews into.

The right side elbow is the return line from your heater....don't know what years they were used and may have been used when
    A/C was installed....this was the case in my car...saves having to drill and tap the water pump manifold for the return line when the compressor is located above it.

If you don't use the elbow....I could use it.

Bill
    That right port elbow was used by most if not all after market air conditioners.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine