Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
      Interesting photo, Andrew; do you know any more about it?

It must be a Presidential visit from then-President Lyndon Johnson. You can just barely make out one of the "protest" signs: Make Love, Not War. That would have been an early use of the phrase, since the picture was probably taken in 1965 or so at the latest. If it was later, the Studebaker probably wouldn't have been there, and the "newsmobiles" would be newer cars than the '63 and '64 Chevy wagons pictured. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I`ll have to check , I did have more info somewhere in this mess at home .......................

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Back when an attendant filled up the tank for you!!

Comment

• Whats with that guy standing by holding a bottle of Tequila ? ?

Comment

• Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                    Back when an attendant filled up the tank for you!!
                    Hmmm, Bruce....that doesn't exactly look like a quart of oil being held in the right hand of the "urban gentleman" on the right side of that photo...although it might have some "lubricating" qualities. <GGG> BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Interesting photo, Andrew; do you know any more about it?

It must be a Presidential visit from then-President Lyndon Johnson. You can just barely make out one of the "protest" signs: Make Love, Not War. That would have been an early use of the phrase, since the picture was probably taken in 1965 or so at the latest. If it was later, the Studebaker probably wouldn't have been there, and the "newsmobiles" would be newer cars than the '63 and '64 Chevy wagons pictured. BP
                      Got it Bob :: Photo says , Anti - war demonstrators picketing the President "Lyndon B. Johnson" plane as he was meeting with advisors . ( LAX 1966 )

Comment

• OK, I thought it was Calif. I can see the Yellow on Black plates with a Month reflective sticker on the Left and a Year sticker on the right, at least thats how they were supposed to be anyway. Also a Studebaker/Mercedes 190SL Roadster with the Hard Top.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Also a Studebaker/Mercedes 190SL Roadster...
                          My Mercedes Club friends won't like to hear that!....
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

• Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                            Got it Bob. Photo says: Anti-war demonstrators picketing the President "Lyndon B. Johnson" plane as he was meeting with advisors. (LAX 1966 )
                            OK; LAX in 1966 I can believe, Andrew. The anti-war demonstrations weren't that prolific in the Midwest in 1966. We caught up to California a couple years later, as usual...for better or worse...normally the latter. <GGG> BP

Comment

• Here's another one. Rock Rapids Iowa.Click image for larger version

Name:	RockRapidsStudebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1671627

Can anyone show/tell me how to have made this photo "full size" as the others above?
                              Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM. Reason: question?
                              Lou Van Anne
                              62 Champ
                              64 R2 GT Hawk
                              79 Avanti II

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                                Here's another one. Rock Rapids Iowa.[ATTACH=CONFIG]13120[/ATTACH]

Can anyone show/tell me how to have made this photo "full size" as the others above?
                                It's not really a problem, Lou. If someone simply clicks on the photo itself, it will open up very large. BP

Comment

Working...
                                X