'65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Great photos in 1535, 36, and 37, Joe; thanks.

That looks like one hard-working 3/4-tonner in 35 and 37 (probably the same truck, right?) and there are some serious collector cars in 1536! BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Great photos in 1535, 36, and 37, Joe; thanks.

That looks like one hard-working 3/4-tonner in 35 and 37 (probably the same truck, right?) and there are some serious collector cars in 1536! BP
            My guess is that you are correct. I tried to do a search to find something about the lumber company but "Liberty Lumber" is a fairly common name and so cannot pin things down as to where this is located.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Roberts Studio Tacoma, WA (at bottom right of photo) from public library collection
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• Seattle, 1952

Comment

• General Observation in light of Bruce's #1541 above:

These 1950s photos, the earlier the better, testify to why so many people "know about" bullet-nose Studebakers. Studebaker made a half-million of them in two years, so they were literally all over the landscape all during the 1950s, first as new cars and then as second cars and beaters as the decade rolled into the 1960s.

With their distinctive style, it's no wonder they are easily the best-known Studebakers ever...well, that is, until everybody's uncle traded their bullet-nose in on a new Golden Hawk, according to 'most every story "we" hear at car shows!

Thanks to eevryone who is digging these up, especially aarrggh and Joe Roberts. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• BP, you make a great point. It is almost unbelievable how many of the late '40's and early '50's Studebaker show up in pictures of that era. I often if their popularity, in comparison to other 5 or 6 year periods is due to their being so different in looks alone. One thing for sure, they are not too hard to pick out in a crowd.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser

Comment

• sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

• Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                                X