• Show
Clear All

• Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      That's pretty cool, Joe; both the Studebaker and the Packard are 1951 models, and look to be the newest cars in the photo. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
        When I look at this intersection in Omaha (via Google Maps) the lyrics to the old Joni Mitchell tune come to mind;

"Don't it always seem to go
        That you don't know what you've got
        'Till it's gone
        They paved paradise
        And put up a parking lot"

There's nothing there but parking lots today.
        i didn't know this was in Omaha. Do you have the location? I have family in Omaha and will be there for a family this summer foe a family reunion.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Joe, initially I looked up the Irwin hotel and found this blog;

I then cut and pasted he image to my friend Steve Storz who grew up in the Storz Brewery that his dad and uncles owned. I peg that picture as around 1963 and Steve was about 10 so I thought he would enjoy.

His reaction was to confirm and comment on how that Falstaff Beer billboard must have pissed off his family every time they were down there, around Jackson and 17th.

Ken Buchanan

Comment

• 8744, if you're in A'dam - don't try to look for this place since it must have been where the RAI is now.
            Thou there is a Scheldeplein without "West" & the street is still there too, but these are not close enough to each other to meet.

Comment

• sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                Driving instructors apparently neglected to teach students the importance of proper FOLLOWING DISTANCE especially in the snow!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                  Collision between a 1947 Studebaker and a tram.
                  Westerscheldeplein, Rooseveltlaan, Amsterdam - October 1959
                  Photo: Amsterdam Police Archive
                  This 12 year-old Stude is missing a windshield wiper and the front cap of the hood ornament (or has a reflector like the lower fender ornaments in it). It is a two-tone and has a body side trim we don't recognize here in USA. The fender vent is rusting out, as well as possibly the rear fender. It has a bead between the lower leading edge of the front fender and the valance panel that the US cars didn't have.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                    Joe, initially I looked up the Irwin hotel and found this blog;

I then cut and pasted he image to my friend Steve Storz who grew up in the Storz Brewery that his dad and uncles owned. I peg that picture as around 1963 and Steve was about 10 so I thought he would enjoy.

His reaction was to confirm and comment on how that Falstaff Beer billboard must have pissed off his family every time they were down there, around Jackson and 17th.

Ken Buchanan
                    Ken, thanks for the info. I remember as a kid the Storz Brewery, but could not tell you where it was. There were several breweries in Omaha back then.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1713378
                      There's a Stude fin peeking back there.

Comment

• Kurtruk #8753, they used to have an assemble plant in Belgium.

Comment

• 1951 Minnesota plate on that '50. Too bad the plate topper too fuzzy to read or we'd know what town. Its winter in any case!

Originally posted by Studedude View Post

Jeff in ND

Comment

• St. Paul. Thanks to Bob J. for hosting that dealer site and thanks to aarrrg for posting a pic of the dealership.
                            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

• sigpic
                                Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                                X