X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    See post #9745 in this thread.

Craig
    Thanks. I believe that was before I started to look at this topic/thread on a fairly regular basis. I only recently started to look at it and, of course, comment. If you come upon my comment earlier than that, it may have been an exception for some reason.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Perhaps in this link: http://theoldmotor.com/?p=167359

Craig
      I noticed that like the prototype this car was updated with the 1954 parking light assemblies (grille bars), but it did not get the 1954 bumperettes as I believe that the prototype got.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Thanks. I believe that was before I started to look at this topic/thread on a fairly regular basis. I only recently started to look at it and, of course, comment. If you come upon my comment earlier than that, it may have been an exception for some reason.
        You commented on it in 9756.

Craig

Comment

You commented on it in 9756.

Craig
          Your memory and/or research is better than mine and probably most others here.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Cherokee NC, 1950's.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1718012 This is Cherokee, NC around 1960.
            Last edited by Sam Ensley; 01-19-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Suspect you meant 1960.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

• Interesting repair? Taken in Phoenix C.1974Click image for larger version

Name:	my old cars 014.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1718057

Comment

• Originally posted by HOXXOH View Post
                  Interesting repair?
                  More like a Punch in the Nose than a 'repair'!

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by HOXXOH View Post
                    Interesting repair? Taken in Phoenix C.1974[ATTACH=CONFIG]69897[/ATTACH]
                    From Bullet Nose to...BULL NOSE!
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      From Bullet Nose to...BULL NOSE!
                      Funny, because whenever I hear the term 'Bullnose', one of these comes to mind:

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        On my monitor, it appears that it MAY have a white roof/top. More important to me is that it is a rare (33,165) Crown Victoria. I almost bought one off a used car lot in about 1959-1960. Also, I find it to be unusual on a S-P used car lot when it was nearly new.
                        The '54 Packard behind the Crown Vic is a Pacific hardtop, 1,189 were assembled.

The Crown Vic is tu-toned: Snowshoe White/Tropical Rose.
                        Last edited by WinM1895; 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I don't know if the has been posted before, but probably a Southern California shot.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	$.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1718072
                          Dean Seavers
                          Sacramento, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by voxnut View Post
                            I don't know if the has been posted before, but probably a Southern California shot.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]69913[/ATTACH]
                            Yes, I saved it to my computer years ago, but that's okay. Lots of the pictures from old posts are no longer available since Photobucket changed to a pay format.
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                              Yes, I saved it to my computer years ago, but that's okay. Lots of the pictures from old posts are no longer available since Photobucket changed to a pay format.
                              Do any grocery stores still have 'Parcel Pick-up' like that anymore? Woodward's 'Famous Food Floors' when they were around had the same parcel pickup service as shown in the photo for their grocery stores that were located in shopping malls. A friend of mine worked at Woodward's food floor when he was still in school. Although I never heard any complaints from customers, the grocery staff called it "Parcel Mix-up".

Craig

Comment

Do any grocery stores still have 'Parcel Pick-up' like that anymore? Woodward's 'Famous Food Floors' when they were around had the same parcel pickup service as shown in the photo for their grocery stores that were located in shopping malls. A friend of mine worked at Woodward's food floor when he was still in school. Although I never heard any complaints from customers, the grocery staff called it "Parcel Mix-up".

Craig
                                When I worked in an A&P (about 1955), we would carry the groceries to the customer's car, no matter how close or far they parked (that A&P did not have a parking lot nor a place to pull up [not counting the loading dock for truck shipments]).

Now, many of the grocery stores around here offer home delivery and that A&P is long gone..
                                Gary L.
                                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                                X