• Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    Man, you guys sure have good eyesight!
    Ain't it the truth!
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• It's also possible to cheat like I do, borrow the pic & enlarger it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
        I love the way Studebaker used terms from the wagon days like 'dash' and British terms like 'wing guard'
        The Studebaker name was Winguard.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• From Hemmings Daily Blog:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• (To give credit where credit is due: City of Edmonton Archives photo, Beth Shalom synagogue.)

Craig

Comment

• San Francisco 1948. From Hemmings daily.
                sigpic

Comment

• Interesting picture, appears to be an IOWA class battleship at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard.

Comment

• Agree, but my old eyes can't read the hull number.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

• I'm not even sure its there/visible.
                      Great picture tho!

Comment

• Those old war wagons didn't just sit low along the water, they were DEEP!

Comment

• Yakima, WA 1976:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	zip van.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1719526

Comment

• Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                            Interesting picture, appears to be an IOWA class battleship at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard.
                            I found on Wikipedia that the USS IOWA was deactivated at San Francisco in September 1948. This might be a picture of this event.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by christophe View Post
                              I found on Wikipedia that the USS IOWA was deactivated at San Francisco in September 1948. This might be a picture of this event.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawaii Cruise Dec 2012 001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1719527

The IOWA (BB:61) is now located in Los Angeles (San Pedro) Harbor as a museum ship.

The other IOWA class battleships are also museum ships:

USS NEW JERSEY (BB:62): Camden NJ .. USS MISSOURI (BB:63): Pearl Harbor .. USS WISCONSIN (BB:64): Hampton VA
                              Last edited by WinM1895; 02-14-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]70388[/ATTACH]

The IOWA (BB:61) is now located in Los Angeles (San Pedro) Harbor as a museum ship.

The other IOWA class battleships are also museum ships:

USS NEW JERSEY (BB:62): Camden NJ .. USS MISSOURI (BB:63): Pearl Harbor .. USS WISCONSIN (BB:64): Hampton VA
                                Very nice pic. I hope you enjoyed your cruise to Hawaii. Thanks for the details, by the way. So far, I thought the IOWA was a single ship, not a battleship class.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X