Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob; You need some balance in your photos (i.e. some early cars)! Here a 1917 Studebaker Four cyl. touring. Probably an interesting story about these people. Any guesses as to who the bookworm was in the family?

Seriously Bob, I love the old images.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            Bob; You need some balance in your photos (i.e. some early cars)! Here a 1917 Studebaker Four cyl. touring. Probably an interesting story about these people. Any guesses as to who the bookworm was in the family?

Seriously Bob, I love the old images.
            That's what I meant above! Most shots are 50s-60s, but there are some prewar; which I mostly cannot identify...
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Pretty sure I spotted a bulletnose.

"Devil's Postpile" at Laguna Beach, California:

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Surfside, FL:

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

The best one yet

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

WoW Bob! I really like all your "Find the Studebaker" pictures. Nice collection.

Allen
                        1964 GT Hawk
                        PSMCDR 2014
                        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                        PSMCDR 2013
                        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Not a Stude but close enough

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well, th-th-that's all, folks!

Went through the entire thread- all 470 pages... and counting! Amazingly, it's still an active thread, so if another Stude happens along in the future I'll add it. Hope you enjoyed this thread!
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

This is definitely somewhere in Pittsburgh, PA. Looks like "Fineview", which is a section of Pittsburgh, on the sign on the top front of the trolley. The yellow PA license plate on the '63 Lark 2-door was used from 1965 until March 31, 1971. The picture is too fuzzy to see what color renewal sticker, if any, is on the plate. By the look of the surrounding cars I would say this has to be taken in the earlier range of those years. The trolleys were used throughout the city for many years and gradually disappeared. I don't remember the exact year for that. I just love this picture, thanks for sharing it.

Dave Bonn
                              '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                                Sorry, I didn't attach the picture. Let me try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X