• Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	gas61-1080x650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1713713..............

Comment

• Since I get the pictures, I don't know what is happening. How long has this been going on?
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• I thought it was just me being on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic... It's been on since wednesday for me.

Comment

• sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            Since I get the pictures, I don't know what is happening. How long has this been going on?
            Fortunately Joe, not all your pics are blocked, but like Jeff said, perhaps from a certain source, or you are clicking an invalid link for our forum to recognize. Anyway, I scrolled back and the earliest one I found was back at post number 8834 posted on 5-09-17.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Regarding our discussion of 8882 being a two-fer, I am now certain that it is.

I thought the "beak" on the front of the hood might be a little dramatic for a Stude, but it is not. Here's a picture I took today at the Mecum sale, of the 1958 Scotsman:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• RE: #8882
                Way down the block, parked on the street, might be a Champ pickup.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Fortunately Joe, not all your pics are blocked, but like Jeff said, perhaps from a certain source, or you are clicking an invalid link for our forum to recognize. Anyway, I scrolled back and the earliest one I found was back at post number 8834 posted on 5-09-17.
                  Interesting, if I right click on the x-d out icon on one of Joe's posts, and copy the path, then open it in a new window the picture is there.

But, I did have to uncheck the box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" to be able to make it show up in this post.

Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

• I get my photos from all kinds of places and follow the same procedure each time. I just don't see why some work and others don't. I posted a couple of things from OldMotor and find they will not show here. I assume their photos are blocked not allowing people to use them elsewhere. I'll try to figure it all out.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	572b0f3b9b287_image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1713732...............

Comment

• Sad day for Studebaker and South Bend. I was working for Newman And Altman that day.

Comment

• A memorable & sad day indeed. Even the Stars & Stripes still at half mast for the passing of President Kennedy the previous month.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

• Here is another try. Let me know if the picture comes through or not. Thanks, Joe
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

• Looks like you got it figured out, Joe. Great picture of an Old Station with concrete older than the Gas pumps in use at the time of this picture.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Originally posted by jclary View Post
                                Looks like you got it figured out, Joe. Great picture of an Old Station with concrete older than the Gas pumps in use at the time of this picture.
                                The odd thing is that I didn't do anything different. I think that some of the images I copied, or thought I had copied, are corrupted for some reason previous to me. There are sites that don't want you to use images they have posted. Of course I wonder how they got them and why they didn't post a don't copy notice. The even more mysterious thing, in my mind, is that the pictures folks here said they didn't get showed up on this thread when I opened it up. Curious.....
                                Joe Roberts
                                '61 R1 Champ
                                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X