Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225
Results 8,961 to 8,964 of 8964

Thread: Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Yep Greenstude, Dutch plate beside a Belgium one... my Dutch pals asks me from time to time "what's it with swedes & American cars?" & I reply "what's it with Dutch & bad memory? look at old photos ye hippies!"
    Kinda...
    & the funny thing is that look'n at this thread there's quite some Dutch pix but not many swedish...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Studedude View Post
    I guess he never raced Ted Harbit then!!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Quote Originally Posted by r1lark View Post
    I guess he never raced Ted Harbit then!!
    Check the year cited in the ad, Paul: 1959. Ted Harbit and his Studebaker (a 1951 Commander Convertible; "Teacher's Pet") weren't yet in national competition. Teacher's Pet was runner-up at the 1961 National Drags. That inspired Ted to get a lighter '51 that would still "make" that class, for the 1962 National Drags.

That lighter car, a Starlight Coupe, was christened The Chicken Hawk. Together, they won their class at the 1962 NHRA National Drags and "the legend" was underway.

I'm not sure where that Sanders-Flanigan team was then, but I think I've heard Ted mention them. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Dave Lester