Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spokejr View Post
    I really don't like "colorized" photos
    That appears to be a true color postcard taken with either 'Kodachrome' or 'Ecktachrome' film to me.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      That appears to be a true color postcard taken with either 'Kodachrome' or 'Ecktachrome' film to me. Craig
      Agreed, Craig; it seems like I've seen that previously, as a postcard. 'Love the 1955 Ford Tropical Rose, rarely seen on a monotone car, however. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• From FB, Motorology. Belle Isle Press on Regardless rally in the early 70's?

Comment

• Man, Motorology on Facebook has been a recent treasure trove;
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1717998

Comment

• Look deep enough, it's at least a two-for.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0865.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1717999

Comment

Look deep enough, it's at least a two-for.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]69815[/ATTACH]
              Well the 51 car is easy, but I can't positively identify any others.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                Well the 51 car is easy, but I can't positively identify any others.
                (re: post 9905) Same here. I even enlarged/zoomed in, but couldn't decide if it is one of the back row cars, or the military truck to the right? Best I can guess, the newest car I see is 1954. Enough time for surplus military trucks to become dispersed throughout the country. However, I am not savvy enough to distinguish Studebaker produced military trucks. I know the WWII trucks mainly had the slanted windshield/cabs, but all is a guess on my part.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Agreed, Craig; it seems like I've seen that previously, as a postcard. 'Love the 1955 Ford Tropical Rose, rarely seen on a monotone car, however. BP
                  On my monitor, it appears that it MAY have a white roof/top. More important to me is that it is a rare (33,165) Crown Victoria. I almost bought one off a used car lot in about 1959-1960. Also, I find it to be unusual on a S-P used car lot when it was nearly new.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Look deep enough, it's at least a two-for.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]69815[/ATTACH]
                    I am surprised at the row of 1930s cars on a Ford dealer's lot when, at least, the 1950s were out (and on the lot).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      On my monitor, it appears that it MAY have a white roof/top. More important to me is that it is a rare (33,165) Crown Victoria. I almost bought one off a used car lot in about 1959-1960. Also, I find it to be unusual on a S-P used car lot when it was nearly new.
                      33,000 is not exactly what I would call 'rare'. Then again, that figure can be broken down when one factors in the see-through Plexiglas top vs. Crown Victorias without it.

Even rarer in comparison are the Mercury Sun Valley and Canadian Meteor Crown Victorias from the same year.

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        33,000 is not exactly what I would call 'rare'. Then again, that figure can be broken down when one factors in the see-through Plexiglas top vs. Crown Victorias without it.

Even rarer in comparison are the Mercury Sun Valley and Canadian Meteor Crown Victorias from the same year.

Craig
                        By "rare" that was relative to the "million" 1955 Fords built (not in Studebaker terms). For comparison, there were 235,417 1955 Customline four doors built. The 33K is the number without the plastic top. There were 1999 with the plastic roof panel (compared to 1787 1955 Mercury Sun Valleys - not that different) [I don't "speak" Meteor, even though I know what they are.].
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• We've seen this car before, but I'm not sure if we've seen this image of it:

BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We've seen this car before, but I'm not sure if we've seen this image of it:

BP
                            I do not think that that car is the factory prototype. It has been decades since I saw it, but I remember the prototype as having the "normal" 1953 K body windshield and vent panes. I believe that the prototype also had the "V8"s on the quarters and I do not see them on this picture. I believe that the pictured car is an aftermarket creation made by cutting the roof off a Starliner post production.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              I believe that the pictured car is an aftermarket creation made by cutting the roof off a Starliner post production.
                              See post #9745 in this thread.

Craig

Comment

We've seen this car before, but I'm not sure if we've seen this image of it:
                                Perhaps in this link: http://theoldmotor.com/?p=167359

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X