Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Studes in Roadside Americana photos

Courtesy of the Station Wagon Forum is this thread with old photos/postcards... well over 480 pages and counting!

http://www.stationwagonforums.com/fo...ead.php?t=7569

As I go through, when I come across a picture with a Studebaker, I'll post it here. They're already hosted elsewhere, should be no strain on our forum.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 10-12-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Proud NON-CASO I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln GOD BLESS AMERICAEphesians 6:10-17Romans 15:13Deuteronomy 31:6Proverbs 28:1 Illegitimi non carborundum

Proud NON-CASO I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln GOD BLESS AMERICAEphesians 6:10-17Romans 15:13Deuteronomy 31:6Proverbs 28:1 Illegitimi non carborundum

Speedster Member
    This is my dad. Dusty
    Attached Images Attached Images

flamed58.com Dusty Taylor

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Courtesy of the Station Wagon Forum is this thread with old photos/postcards... well over 480 pages and counting! ]

As I go through, when I come across a picture with a Studebaker, I'll post it here. They're already hosted elsewhere, should be no strain on our forum. Enjoy!

Pretty cool, Bob; a 1955 Hudson in there, too; another rare piece. BP

Golden Hawk Member
    The first 3 just have to be longroofs. Cool.

Spot the Stude

President Member
    Thanks Bob,
    Those photos of yesteryear certainly makes one feel young again.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Look WAAY back at what's holdin' up the line

Think I saw a Stude here, right-center of the picture:

This is not an exact science. I think I'm seeing a GT 4 cars back:

Flamingo Lark left center?

Think I saw a Stude here, right-center of the picture:

That you do, Bob; 'looks like a '52 sedan. Very unusual, in that it really is old as things were then. I see at least three 1965 Chevrolets, one 1965 Ford, and one 1965 Fairlane, so the Stude was at least 13/14 years old.

Unusual for the time to still be on the road as an apparent daily driver. BP

Quote Originally Posted by BobPalma View Post
    That you do, Bob; 'looks like a '52 sedan.BP[/B]
    Thought so. Looks like it but for some reason the front of the front tire forward kept saying '56 Chevy to me.

Flamingo Lark left center?

'Much more likely 1959 Tahiti Coral, Bob. Flamingo was available on 1961 Larks (other than convertibles) some time after introduction; not at first, when it was available only on 1961 Hawks and 1961 convertibles.

So few 1961 Larks were painted Flamingo yet so many thousand 1959s were painted Tahiti Coral that odds greatly favor Tahiti Coral on the subject car. BP

Wonder where this was?

This is not an exact science. I think I'm seeing a GT 4 cars back:

Indeed you are, Bob; I'm sure of it.

Can you read the information sign in the other lane? I'm sure it says Bellows Falls, so that might be U.S. 5 indicated on the sign. Not terribly far from you in the big scheme of things, eh? BP

Wonder where this was?

Probably "Somewhere West of Laramie," although I don't see a Jordan Playboy in the stack. Otherwise, if it was in a rusty part of the country, the 1966 Galaxie convertible on top would not have the structural integrity to span that gap! <GGG>

I'm surprised you noticed the Stude with that Lincoln right next door to distract you. BP

Portland 1955

Cincinnati: