Thread: Thanksgiving car show in historic Ruthven Park

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanksgiving car show in historic Ruthven Park

This was a fantastic day here in southern Ontario for the 15th annual car show at Ruthven Historic Park.
    We had seven Studebakers show up today , a great turn out of cars all around to finish off what was a record setting holiday weekend as far as the weather was concerned.
    Jim and Barb Anderson's R2 1963 Avanti along with Fred Hall's 1962 Lark HT custom ( with his new Champ grill <g>)

Stu and Thelma Chapman's gorgeous '64 convertible

Kevin and Della Mullet's beautiful 1963 GT Hawk

Basil Derrough's Custom 1953 coupe....fantastic!

Jim Cuminski's 1955 pickup ....great truck....with the Ruthven mansion in the background

....and not to forget my 1960 Champ pickup

....all in all a great day with over 300 cars attending.....hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend !

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

It sounds like you had a great day.
    We put over a hundred miles on the champion just driving around today and a little less on the GT yesterday.

President Member
    That does sound like a nice event. I'll have to try to make next year's edition if I still have the Lark by then. Went to the final weekly cruise of '11 here, Gateway Niagara in Grimsby, today; unusually for that cruise I was the only Studebaker, turnout was excellent for a cloudy day so late in the year. Went on a studio tour in the Orillia area on Monday with my parents in their van; saw a few old cars on that trip including two Studebakers, a '64 droptop on Highway 400 near Barrie and a '64 wagon in rough shape for sale at a small dealership on Highway 27 en route home...pix of the wagon will follow eventually. And the forum and Hamilton Chapter will know first if/when the Lark goes on the market.

S.
    Last edited by Steve T; 10-11-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Speedster Member

Thumbs up

hi steve t do you know how much the 64 rag top was going for thank you hope to here from you soon thanks , raymond wise
    rawise