No announcement yet.

1955 President 4 door (What's it Worth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 President 4 door (What's it Worth)

This is what I believe to be a 55 President. I inherited the car recently and was thinking of parting it out. After speaking to a few very friendly and knowledgeable guys on this site I believe that I may be better off selling the entire car. Wondering if I may be able to gain some feedback on a realistic price. All of the moulding and accessories are surprisingly in really good shape. I have taken some of the items off and cleaned them up. Chrome is in great shape! Still has original motor and trans and I did confirm that the car was running when it was parked. Keys are still in the ignition. Anyway, I am a hotrod guy and don't know much about Studebaker's but I know this car is not "rebuildable" but maybe someone might want it for parts.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have! Take it easy out there.

Stu
    Attached Files

It is rougher than I expected. I can't see important things, like the grille, in your pictures. If the grille and trim are good and the transmission and radio are still there, I would say in the neighborhood of $250, if there is easy access to the car.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

it's worth what somone will pay. It could be a rat rod easy enough. chop topped-mopar power If it doesn't have frame damage (rust) could be a 200.00 to 500.00 car certianly for parts and as a builder for a rat-rod.

Comment

$0.12 per pound.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Jerry is right. You know what bulk (uncleaned) scrap is per pound and that is what it is worth, less the cost of getting it to the scrap yard. The parts are worth much more, but by the time you dismantle the car, inventory, advertise, and sell it piece meal, you'd be better off selling it as a complete parts car to someone willing to haul it off.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If you were close to me in Alabama, I could tell you what it would be worth. You need to
            identify the engine. Such as 4 bbl etc. I would say 375 minimum, 700 max. JMHO

Comment

Since it's a President, it would have left the factory with a 4 bbl.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
              X