Thread: I was working on my '53 (not Frick) Studelac today.

President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar

I was working on my '53 (not Frick) Studelac today.

I average about 10-20 hours per year on him. Do you recon he'll ever see the road? ;-)

That's a 1979 425 CI Caddy engine, same engine as what I have in my Pick Up Dump Truck. I had a 1970 Eldorado parts car that I saved for years and years thinking that it had the real bad boy engine in it. When I finally pulled the engine out last year I found that the engine had been swapped and it had this one in it. Oh well, I guess 425 CI is better than nuttin.

Slide show, 38 photos.... http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/575614086oFkgkX
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

President Member
    Jerry,
    It is a hobby not a second job. When it is done, it is done! Looks good so far!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
    The cars that started the madness: My father's 1952 Champion 4 door and neighbor's 51 Champion.

Thanks George.
    OcrappyOne (wife unit) is still mad at me for taking this one apart. You'd think that after 6 or 8 or 10 years (or ever how long it's been) she'd get over it.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

President Member

Doesn't get much better 'en that

429 Cadu is a kick ass engine with plenty of whoop ass. I had 2 Caddys with that engine. Great on gas. jimmijim
    Anything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

President Member
    Jerr, OC1 will never get over it. My Old Lady is still harping after more than 40 years. Fix em' or junk em' she says.

President Member
    Posted by Jerry Forrester
    You'd think that after 6 or 8 or 10 years (or ever how long it's been) she'd get over it.
    Good Luck, Judy still reminds me of my miscues when we were dating, and we've been married for 46 years. Elephants have shorter memories.

Bob
    , ,

Speedster Member
    Some women have no appreciation for the process. Good thing you still have a sense of humor.

Dang, I feel bad for you guys that married women you dislike so. 'Course, only one guy can have the best woman on Earth, and I've got her. Does that mean I'm outta the club?<GG>
    Proud NON-CASO I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln GOD BLESS AMERICAEphesians 6:10-17Romans 15:13Deuteronomy 31:6Proverbs 28:1 Illegitimi non carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Dang, I feel bad for you guys that married women you dislike so. 'Course, only one guy can have the best woman on Earth, and I've got her. Does that mean I'm outta the club?<GG>
    You read something into my post that wasn't there.
    I wouldn't trade OcrappyOne (self imposed name, I had nothing to do with it) for the world. She's 14 years my junior and she's put up with me for 30 years on the 15th of this month.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

Fair enough. Maybe it's a regional thing. I read 'crappy' and around here that never means anything good. I met my Linda when she was 18 and I was 23, and after 26 years I still call her 'sugarpants' and she still blushes I'm guessing if I switched to 'crappy' at this point her reaction would be... A bit different
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 08-08-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Proud NON-CASO I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln GOD BLESS AMERICAEphesians 6:10-17Romans 15:13Deuteronomy 31:6Proverbs 28:1 Illegitimi non carborundum

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    No, I think that you are in the majority, not minority, in SDC. Cathy and I both only owned Studebakers when we met. We have been married for 48 years. Cathy is usually more ready to buy a Studebaker than I am. That may be because I look at the work ahead and she looks at the enjoyment.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer