No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what a 1961 Dodge Lancer is worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bob Andrews;560655]Since we're belaboring this thread here's a Valiant wagon. And as BP will note, a '62:

A resident host on another old car forum who shall remain nameless, is the son of a Packard employee and often took potshots at anything Studebaker posted by me or anyone else. He responded cynically to one post, saying how ugly the Wagonaire was compared to other wagons of the day. In response, I posted a link to a photo of a black '62 Valiant wagon. Bill 1, Packard guy 0!

This same guy would repeatedly state how there was no such thing as 'an Avanti engine' and how they really weren't special, such as 'a Corvette engine' was. When I asked him to tell me how a 250 hp or 300 hp 327 in a Biscayne was different than in a Corvette, other than air cleaner and valve covers, he danced quite a bit and finally said engine nos. were different. I told him engine nos. in an Avanti started with "R" versus engine nos. in Avanti-powered Larks and Hawks. He couldn't admit he was wrong (resident expert on everything) and now no longer responds to my posts. I'm enjoying that (LOL)!

But, I digress (as usual!).....
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill Pressler;560657]
      Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      Since we're belaboring this thread here's a Valiant wagon. And as BP will note, a '62:

A resident host on another old car forum who shall remain nameless, is the son of a Packard employee and often took potshots at anything Studebaker posted by me or anyone else. He responded cynically to one post, saying how ugly the Wagonaire was compared to other wagons of the day. In response, I posted a link to a photo of a black '62 Valiant wagon. Bill 1, Packard guy 0!

This same guy would repeatedly state how there was no such thing as 'an Avanti engine' and how they really weren't special, such as 'a Corvette engine' was. When I asked him to tell me how a 250 hp or 300 hp 327 in a Biscayne was different than in a Corvette, other than air cleaner and valve covers, he danced quite a bit and finally said engine nos. were different. I told him engine nos. in an Avanti started with "R" versus engine nos. in Avanti-powered Larks and Hawks. He couldn't admit he was wrong (resident expert on everything) and now no longer responds to my posts. I'm enjoying that (LOL)!

But, I digress (as usual!).....

What's the old saying, Bill?

Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience!

<GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Interesting that no one has pointed out: The car being sold on e-bay is a 1962 Valiant, not a 1961.

The easiest identifiers are the taillights; 1962s had round tailights below the canted fin caps, whereas 1961s still had "cat's-eye" taillamps set in the ends of the "fin" caps. BP
        Good observation, Bob P. The grille and grille shell are also different between 1961 and 1962. IIRC, the Signet came out in 1962 with bucket seats. The 1962 Signet also has a different grille than the lesser models.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X