Where to find 100% Pure Gasoline with no ethanol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find 100% Pure Gasoline with no ethanol

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Make sure to call first before you drive any distance.
    There are a lot of stations listed that don't sell 'pure' gasoline.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Also, there are vast areas of the continent that are not listed at all, since there are no sources of non-ethanol gas anywhere in them. As examples, Connecticut, NJ, Del, and DC are not listed at all, and only the most rural parts of Maryland show up. In areas with poor quality air, the EPA mandates that 100% of the gas must be oxygenated, and since the demise of the additive MTBE, that means ethanol.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

I guess I'm fortunate, their are several stations here in OKC selling pure gasoline and the state of Oklahoma mandates that pumps must contain a label stating "Gas may contain up to 10% ethanol" if the gas has ethanol in it.
        sigpic
        John
        63R-2386

Comment

Hey the Conoco just South of the Springfield Host Hotel is on the list!!

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Tried that website out and discovered a listing for a local station. Went there this morning to price shop and found regular at $3.99. Another store, not on the website, has it for $3.69. Guess the website is expensive................................

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
              Tried that website out and discovered a listing for a local station. Went there this morning to price shop and found regular at $3.99. Another store, not on the website, has it for $3.69. Guess the website is expensive................................
              I don't get your "expensive" comment. I would be glad to be paying those prices.
              In this area, only gasoline with at least 10% ethanol has been allowed since MTBE was banned.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                Then it is up to you to add the cheaper station to the site!

Comment

We're not in a mandated area here, but the distributors get an incentive for pushing the ethanol. The few stations without ethanol have to have their gas trucked farther, from a distributor who's not getting the incentive, so it costs more. I pay the extra for "real" gas for my old cars and small engines.
                  Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Distribution issues come into play here, too. It's easier and cheaper for a large oil company to provide oxygenated fuel to ALL of its customers in a given area, even if some of them would be permitted to sell "real" gas. There are only so many compartments in their tanker trucks, and it is often just not worth their while to stock and transport relatively small amounts of non-oxygenated fuels to the few customers who can sell it, especially in areas where most cannot. There's no penalty for selling oxygenated fuel in an area that is in compliance with the air quality regs, but there ARE penalities for selling real gas in a non-compliance area. Small refiners and wholesalers can better afford to handle and supply non-oxygenated fuels in large geographic areas that are already in compliance.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

I have noted that in BC, Chevron stations have placed a sticker on their pumps that states "May contain up to 10% ethanol" on the 3 lowest gasoline grades. On the premium fuel (94 Octane) the sticker reads "Contains No Ethanol".

So, you can get it most places, but you pay premium prices (usually about $.20 more per litre - or ~$.76 per USG).
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                        I have noted that in BC, Chevron stations have placed a sticker on their pumps that states "May contain up to 10% ethanol" on the 3 lowest gasoline grades. On the premium fuel (94 Octane) the sticker reads "Contains No Ethanol".

So, you can get it most places, but you pay premium prices (usually about $.20 more per litre - or ~$.76 per USG).
                        Here in OK a few years ago you could still find 93 octane premium but now the highest octane level is 91
                        sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386

Comment

Originally posted by okc63avanti View Post
                          Here in OK a few years ago you could still find 93 octane premium but now the highest octane level is 91
                          We're crazy with choice here... many retailers offer 87, 89 91 and 94 Octane ratings. Seems like more of a marketing ploy than a real need to me.
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

Wanted to update the list.........the Conoco just south of the Host hotel.....OOB out of business.
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

For anyone living/traveling in Minnesota the Minnesota Street Rod Association maintains a state-wide list of non-oxy fuel locations. The list in PDF can be downloaded from their website, www.msra.com. It's found in the "Features" menu.
                              sigpic
                              Bob Shaw
                              Rush City, Minnesota
                              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                              X