Thread: Where to find 100% Pure Gasoline with no ethanol

Where to find 100% Pure Gasoline with no ethanol

John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Make sure to call first before you drive any distance.
    There are a lot of stations listed that don't sell 'pure' gasoline.

President Member
    Also, there are vast areas of the continent that are not listed at all, since there are no sources of non-ethanol gas anywhere in them. As examples, Connecticut, NJ, Del, and DC are not listed at all, and only the most rural parts of Maryland show up. In areas with poor quality air, the EPA mandates that 100% of the gas must be oxygenated, and since the demise of the additive MTBE, that means ethanol.

I guess I'm fortunate, their are several stations here in OKC selling pure gasoline and the state of Oklahoma mandates that pumps must contain a label stating "Gas may contain up to 10% ethanol" if the gas has ethanol in it.

John
    63R-2386

President Member 4961Studebaker's Avatar
    Hey the Conoco just South of the Springfield Host Hotel is on the list!!

61 Lark

President Member
    Tried that website out and discovered a listing for a local station. Went there this morning to price shop and found regular at $3.99. Another store, not on the website, has it for $3.69. Guess the website is expensive................................
    \'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGlasscock View Post
    Tried that website out and discovered a listing for a local station. Went there this morning to price shop and found regular at $3.99. Another store, not on the website, has it for $3.69. Guess the website is expensive................................
    I don't get your "expensive" comment. I would be glad to be paying those prices.
    In this area, only gasoline with at least 10% ethanol has been allowed since MTBE was banned.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Quote Originally Posted by BobGlasscock View Post
    Then it is up to you to add the cheaper station to the site!

Speedster Member
    We're not in a mandated area here, but the distributors get an incentive for pushing the ethanol. The few stations without ethanol have to have their gas trucked farther, from a distributor who's not getting the incentive, so it costs more. I pay the extra for "real" gas for my old cars and small engines.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

President Member
    Distribution issues come into play here, too. It's easier and cheaper for a large oil company to provide oxygenated fuel to ALL of its customers in a given area, even if some of them would be permitted to sell "real" gas. There are only so many compartments in their tanker trucks, and it is often just not worth their while to stock and transport relatively small amounts of non-oxygenated fuels to the few customers who can sell it, especially in areas where most cannot. There's no penalty for selling oxygenated fuel in an area that is in compliance with the air quality regs, but there ARE penalities for selling real gas in a non-compliance area. Small refiners and wholesalers can better afford to handle and supply non-oxygenated fuels in large geographic areas that are already in compliance.

President Member

Exclamation

I have noted that in BC, Chevron stations have placed a sticker on their pumps that states "May contain up to 10% ethanol" on the 3 lowest gasoline grades. On the premium fuel (94 Octane) the sticker reads "Contains No Ethanol".

So, you can get it most places, but you pay premium prices (usually about $.20 more per litre - or ~$.76 per USG).
    Mark Hayden
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    '66 Commander

Regional Manager
    British Columbia

http://studebaker.ca/ - BC Coastal Chapter
    www.bcsouthintsdc.ca - BC Southern Interior Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ - Vancouver Island Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark57 View Post
    I have noted that in BC, Chevron stations have placed a sticker on their pumps that states "May contain up to 10% ethanol" on the 3 lowest gasoline grades. On the premium fuel (94 Octane) the sticker reads "Contains No Ethanol".

So, you can get it most places, but you pay premium prices (usually about $.20 more per litre - or ~$.76 per USG).
    Here in OK a few years ago you could still find 93 octane premium but now the highest octane level is 91

John
    63R-2386

President Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by okc63avanti View Post
    Here in OK a few years ago you could still find 93 octane premium but now the highest octane level is 91
    We're crazy with choice here... many retailers offer 87, 89 91 and 94 Octane ratings. Seems like more of a marketing ploy than a real need to me.
    Mark Hayden
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    '66 Commander

Regional Manager
    British Columbia

http://studebaker.ca/ - BC Coastal Chapter
    www.bcsouthintsdc.ca - BC Southern Interior Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ - Vancouver Island Chapter

President Member 4961Studebaker's Avatar
    Wanted to update the list.........the Conoco just south of the Host hotel.....OOB out of business.

61 Lark

For anyone living/traveling in Minnesota the Minnesota Street Rod Association maintains a state-wide list of non-oxy fuel locations. The list in PDF can be downloaded from their website, www.msra.com. It's found in the "Features" menu.
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarwheel.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

President Member
    Shell station in Davenport Iowa has the upper two grades with out the corn..
    Richard

Speedster Member

Thumbs down

No more nonethanol near me, the last holdout gave up. The Pit Stop station in Amsredam was having it trucked down from Canada, but stopped. I guess it wasn't economical to do anymore.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop