Commander Candy, Part 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Candy, Part 6

1957 Studebaker Commander 4d sdn - white & gold - fvr by Rex Gray, on Flickr

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Good looking car. I think that Studebaker should have stayed with that styling in '58 instead of those make-shift dual headlights. Just my opinion. Love the photo.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
      Good looking car. I think that Studebaker should have stayed with that styling in '58 instead of those make-shift dual headlights. Just my opinion. Love the photo.
      Rog
      I feel exectly oposite, 57's are nice, but 58's are nicer.

Comment

Headlight pods are nasty.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
          YUP! Agreed.

Comment

I like the 58's whether they are considered "fugly" by others, or not.
            George King
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

LOL! Not in my opinion, but the same could and has been said about so many Studebaker styling cue's through the years. Larks, avantis, the bullet noses, the wrap around rear window, it is hard to find a group of Studebakers built after 47 that haven't been made fun of and called names through the years, save the 53 and 54 coupes and hardtops. Tell me what you like and I am sure I will be able to regurgitate some of the less flattering things that have been said about it.

Comment

They give a car a 'froggy' look.
                I like the '57s.

Comment

Originally posted by Orestudeguy View Post
                  I like the 58's whether they are considered "fugly" by others, or not.
                  I do too, 57's are nice enough, but they are just so boring. The word foggie or stodgy comes to mind.

Comment

HA! I mean fogie.

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                      Rog
                      They did; they did!! At least on the Scotsman series.

Craig

Comment

The '57 sedan line, Packard Included had class. Why studbaker thought that dual head lights were needed to sell cars iun '58 I'll never know. Probably some one at the top, not in marketing, thought "if we don't follow the industray with 4 head lights, were screwed...........Little did they know they were, and didn't even get kissed.

Comment

The 58 headlight pods are like warts - over the past several years, they have grown on me.

Comment

Back to the car itself--what a BEAUTY! And its not that I am spookily attracted to 1957 Studebaker sedans on a out-of-the-blue head scratching sort of way that I don't quite understand.

Only change I would make to that car if I owned it myself, would be to paint the roof (only) white to match the above the belt line. The pillars and below the belt line are perfect they way they are. Since I have two cars with this modified A/B/A/B paint scheme which was not factory on any US-market produced 1957 sedan--although look at this ad drawing on the top for an export & Canada market W6 57 Champion Regal @ http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/stu...r/bilder/8.jpg -- I think that it really improves the look and the lines of the 57 sedans in real life.
                            Last edited by Jim B PEI; 02-20-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Gorgeous! White makes the best accent on a 2 tone.
                              ...and headlight pods rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X