Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti II Candy

Studebaker Avanti II by gueguette80, on Flickr

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Is there a way to tell the difference between an Avanti and an older Avanti II from a side view?

Comment

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
      Is there a way to tell the difference between an Avanti and an older Avanti II from a side view?
      the front wheel well and body rake is different on the II's. 63/64's sit higher in the back.

there's a II on ebay about that same color...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

aside from the distance between the front fender lip and the top of the fender, the Mag 500 wheels weren't available on Studebaker Avantis (although there's nothing stopping one from adding them after the fact)

nate
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

It's an early Avanti II as it has the Studebaker emblem on the hood (which could have been retrofitted) and no front side marker light. Side markers were added beginning with '68 model year cars to conform with federal regs.

Nice looking car though the color doesn't do anything for me...but that's subjective.
          Last edited by Gunslinger; 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

That is a nice looking car - the color and the Magnum 500s look just right.
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I doubt that it is a stock Avanti II. Without side marker lights, it would have to be a 1965-1967. I thought that they still used the C-pillar emblem then (modified without "S").
              Last edited by studegary; 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM. Reason: change 66 to 65
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Regarding the technical aspects of the photograph, I really like how the high angle, with the car perpendicular to the lens, shows off the Coke-bottle shape of the belt, the graceful slope and flare of the fenders, and the merest suggestion of a boattail shape where the backglass meets the deck.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X