No announcement yet.

My 1946 Studebaker pickup streetrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a picture taken in Feb. at a inside show I like. Too bad I had door open!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Chazziz (16).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1700491
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rodnutrandy; 10-26-2018, 01:23 PM.
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Very nice looking truck.
      Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith1107 View Post
        Beautiful truck. I would love to hear what you did to the drivetrain.
        Since it is sitting on a GMC frame , the 350 .030 bolted right in , along with a 700r4 overdrive transmission that has a higher stall corvette convertor , and a 3:73 12 bolt limited slip rear end . The 350 is a 4 bolt main, Has Arp bolts , a tame Edelbrock cam . Running 9 to 1 compression , And a Wieland aluminum intake with a 600cc edelbrock carb. Has Camaro block hugger headers . A high volume water pump helps the 2 one inch row radiator stay cool . 2 1/2 pipes go thru magnaflow stainless mufflers and 2 tips of 3/8 thick solid aluminum . The frame was shortened 17 inches by me and on a alignment rack they quoted me that front axle was off from back axle by .040. Love the way it drives . When it goes into 4th gear, the convertor locks , Trans runs at about 140 degrees , engine at 177 degrees (180 stat) , can truly say the truck is as much fun driving to and from shows as the shows are . I put new leaf springs on rear and new front coils in front along with new shocks and brakes .
        Randy Wilkin
        1946 M5 Streetrod
        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Very well done!
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Thank you for positive comments ! here is dash, cover made shadows , reads gallons of fuel , MPH , trans temp, and engine temp . Bright light indicator in middle . Turn signals on each side .
            Attached Files
            Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Congratulations on a well-derserved "Best of Show." I have admired your truck for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                Congratulations on a well-derserved "Best of Show." I have admired your truck for a long time.
                Thank you Sam and all others for positive commends. I had a lot of help where needed and am shocked on how well it does . In 2012 , At the Pumpkin Run in Owensville , Ohio , it won a top 50 trophy , not a rare trophy , but meant a lot to me with 2473 cars registered.
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                X