My 1946 Studebaker pickup streetrod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1946 Studebaker pickup streetrod

Just taking time to add it back in. It was lost when the forum was updated.
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Very nice, I love the color and the wheels....

Comment

updated photos

added wood in bed and few other changes, paint inside, mirrors ,ect. The mirrors are the small hagan that are curved to give a wider view ,did away with my blind spots .
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rodnutrandy; 11-14-2013, 05:28 PM. Reason: misspell
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Very nice pickup!

What is the drivetrain?

brgds

Comment

Added wood floor to bed. Did not want to drill 100 holes in my new bed metal floor. So after thinking about it and dreaming about it (that's where I always get the best ideas) I took some sheet .125 aluminum I had and had it cut in strips just long enough to go across bed. Than cut Rubber to go under the aluminum. I set the strips where I had drilled my Aluminum diamond plate that I put between the wood ( found out the hard way that the strips had to be t angle or would swell in the sun and buckle between the screws, Have 3 drain holes at front of bed since truck sets lower in front. Drilled and tapped the aluminum to hold the strips and it has worked out great and improved looks of bed .The reason for the black diamond plate was to match the tool box in truck.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rodnutrandy; 11-14-2013, 05:30 PM.
          Randy Wilkin
          1946 M5 Streetrod
          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Very nice!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Beautiful truck. I would love to hear what you did to the drivetrain.

Comment

You can go to my profile and see more pictures in my photo album. Truck is now on a shortened 1970 Chevy 1/2 ton frame. Made it easy to bolt in a 350 sbc, 700r4 automatic , and 3:73 12 bolt limited slip rear end . Put a 1983 front suspension under the 70 frame (10 of 12 bolts lined up ) giving me power disc brakes and power steering . Has Vintage air, Dakota digital gauges , Dodge Dakota pickup bucket seats, Home made bed from new metal , tailgate made from Douglas Dc8 thrust reverser pistons , 2 inch fatter fiberglass fenders, Camaro block hugger headers with magnaflow mufflers. actual changed many items and made many with help from employees at work (ABX Air ).Examples front strip down grille is aluminum, added tail lights in bed corners, Studebaker m5 emblem, Holes in tailgate for tubes , Bushings for tailgate to lower. Bent bed up at work . Truck still has front vent, wing windows , vacuum wipers and the short M16 running boards it came with .
                Last edited by rodnutrandy; 03-10-2019, 02:31 PM.
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Looks good. Like the diamond plate solution.

Comment

Very nicely done. I bet it is fun to cruise around in.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Very Much fun since I upgraded Radiator, Have to toot my own horn, At a car show yesterday with 112 entries , I won Best of Show, Really shocked me! I knew none of judges, and had some very stiff competition
                      Attached Files
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Well done!
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks 52 fan and all others for positive comments!
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

It is setting on a shortened Chevy 1/2 ton frame, same width as Studebaker frame, but wider track, Made it a bolt in to add 355 SBC ,700R4 automatic, 3:73 12 bolt limited slip rear end, Has Power Steering , Power disc Brakes, Vintage Air, heat and defrost, Dakota Digital Gauges, retains side vent windows ,fresh air scoop, vacuum wipers , Has a Chevy 1/2 ton firewall graphed in, Run a 65 Mustang radiator (2 ea, 1 inch core aluminum), radiator fits between the core support ,instead of behind it! Cruises at 55Mph at 1700 RPMS.
                            Randy Wilkin
                            1946 M5 Streetrod
                            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Nice! And well-deserved, too. That's a beautiful truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X