Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 Avanti - what do you think it's worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MNAvanti View Post
    Thanks for all your help. You've given me some ideas about what to do with the car.
    I hope you keep it too. If my Dad had an Avanti (how cool is that) and left it to me, I would get to know how to repair it to make it drivable, then drive the heck out of it. I would not sell that car until you drove it just to think about your Dad behind the wheel and how cool he really was.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
      If the frame and hog troughs are solid, I'm guessing a 8-10K car based on a 2K or so budget to make it a nice driver. BTW, the AC looks like it was added since the console panel is a Avanti II item, not Studebaker. If you got the car in this condition, you'd have a good idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors//200568095321
      Looks like a stude a/c kit added, note the a/c tag under the washer bag bracket-it's a Studebaker Corp tag forAir conditioner using R12 (picture 005) refrigerant.

Comment

DON'T SELL IT; you will always regret it if you do!

Comment

I agree, keep it...it's in good shape and seems to be original.
          I wish I had a car of my dads.
          With the low-ish price of Avantis, it very well my be worth more to you than anyone else for sentimental reasons.

But if you can't (space, money) keep it or simply don't want it....see that it gets to a good home. A lot of guys would love an original car like that.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I'd be willing to sell it if I can get a decent price for it. Assuming that $8k-$10k range, I'd be looking for something around there. Otherwise, I guess it'll stay right where it is. It probably is worth more to me than anyone else for sentimental reasons, but I will consider offers.

Comment

Working...
            X