Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well yep, I’m the latest ‘newbie’ in the garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta Love Australia!

Hi Jen
    Welcome to the fun, nutty world of Stude lovers.

I've had the pleasure of visiting Perth, Melbourne, and Sidney some years ago (1994) on business. Loved the scenery and the friendly people. I lucked into a All-American Car Meet in Melbourne, where I met a number of Stude owners participating as a group at the show. Wearing my Studebaker Cap and T-shirt, I fit right in. I still communicate with some of them by Forum and email.

Keep us updated on your project. You have picked a great Studebaker to restore.

I helped revive the Studebaker Truck Farmers group, and now we hace 410 members in seven countries, including Australia and New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfeatherau View Post
      Thanks John for the clarification, seems this cloth was quite popular in 1941 across car makers.

On close checking of my 1941 shop manuals there was only 3 choices of colors, (beige with brown, blue with grey and another I've just forgotten off hand). I'm thinking mine was the blue/grey,but as for the seating and springs, they're are as lively as if this gal was still 20 years old!

I follow up your recommendation, thanks,....Jen
      I believe 'Canda cloth' is common like Broadcloth and 'Bedford Cord'. It was used by several manufacturers for many years and should be common as a repop material. Only thing is you may not get the exact same shade as the original, but very close.

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Check out this website. vonadatech.com It is very interesting for any owner of a '41.
        Peter Bishop

Comment

Thanks Craig and Peter!
          Craig, your description of the cloth in question was along the lines of what I could interpret and from what I can still also see. Wonderful material to have survived so well so long.
          And as for the Panama Blue's,....(sounds like the queue for a song doesn't it) I believe you are right with your picture, except my gal reflects these colors darker. This is best evidenced in that the dash is in almost original condition.

Yes Peter, I have been through every part of the restore of the '41 Champ mentioned on the vonadatech.com site. Strange, Nathan has a VERY similar professional background to myself, I am also ex 23 years IT industry - technical, support and training.

Bob, I am starting to get the realisation that a '41 Champion coupe is maybe a little rare? Still to date, I have not seen or communicated with another owner....?
          And I am quite sure my gal is NOT the doube-dater as I assume that requires a rear seat, which mine does not have.

Thanks guys, your help and information is appreciated!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully a few more of our members will follow your lead and show some interest in the early '40's models. They are out there somewhere but need to be saved and cared for.

Comment

Working...
            X