Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well yep, I’m the latest ‘newbie’ in the garage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well yep, I’m the latest ‘newbie’ in the garage!

Welcome, Jennifer!

I don't have information on the '41 models but many here do and you will, no doubt, soon hear from them.

I hope you have joined your local Stude club down under.
    If not, here's the contact info:

Sure would like to see photos of that coupe.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well!! Welcome to the forum.

Always glad to see a new member, And a gal from Oz to boot.

Your profile says Brisbane and I think a regular poster named Aussie Hawk is from there also. If you can post pictures of the car, that would be great. A lot of us live vicariously that way.

I think you will find a lot of knowledgeable folks that can answer questions and some of the idle banter can be entertaining also.

Welcome aboard.

Bob

Comment

Last stand before leaving U.S.A.

Thanks Brad, well most people would remember her from California...
        http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...hampion&page=5

Comment

I take it that this is the one. Right, Jennifer?

I was scared that it might be the first one in the woods on that link. I see that Studebaker Wheel was a contributor to that Jalopyjournal Forum. He will have the correct ID for your car and probably narrow it down to the time of year it was built by the trim. Best of luck with your new project.
          Last edited by barnlark; 01-26-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Hope you were not adversely affected by the recent flooding there.

Comment

Well, it was a 'find', but not a pre-historic one,.......it is the one you have pictured barnlark,

Comment

Thanks Doug

Thanks Doug, I was lucky enough to have my cars high and dry, even if sometimes that meant on sand!.............cheers, Jen

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                  I take it that this is the one. Right, Jennifer?

I was scared that it might be the first one in the woods on that link. I see that Studebaker Wheel was a contributor to that Jalopyjournal Forum. He will have the correct ID for your car and probably narrow it down to the time of year it was built by the trim. Best of luck with your new project.
                  I have the production order already with a 4848 HD CANDA trim (whatever that might be) but 1920 Panama Blue with Dark Blue Panama Wheels and Free Wheeling Over Drive.

Comment

Welcome Jennifer, nice to see another Aussie on the forum. Chris Skinner of Studebaker Queensland http://www.studeparts.com.au/ has been a great help to me when parts for my 1962 Lark were required, I'm sure he could help you. When does she arrive in Qld?

Best of luck with it.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hi and thanks John! Yep, already been to Studebaker Queensland meeting rooms and spoke to Chris too! But seems I'm on my own with SO much POST war interest there. Never-the-matter, I've had quite a deal of success since then. 'When does she arrive?' hehe,.....she has been here in Brisbane since May, 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfeatherau View Post
                        I have the production order already with a 4848 HD CANDA trim (whatever that might be) but 1920 Panama Blue with Dark Blue Panama Wheels and Free Wheeling Over Drive.
                        This '41 President is 'Panama Blue Light' and 'Panama Blue Dark':

Canda cloth would be the interior material.

Craig

Comment

Craig, if there is a correct photo missing from your files, I have yet to see it!

Comment

I did a search for Canda cloth and found the following information - Canda cloth was new for 1941 and similar to Mohair; its backing was open which allowed the fabric to “breathe” so it was comfortable in hot weather. Taken from the following webpage http://www.earlytimeschapter.org/1941.html. I should imagine that someone like SMS upholstery in the US could get/remake it?

Anyway, I'm sure she'll be a joy for you.

There is an Aussie magazine covering Studebakers made between 1852 and 1942 called "Rotating Spokes" a bimonthly edited by Dave Pink in Victoria. davepink53@yahoo.com, only $15 a year, suggest you get in touch and maybe help re: parts etc will be found there.
                            Last edited by avantilover; 01-27-2011, 02:28 AM.
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Canda cloth

Thanks John for the clarification, seems this cloth was quite popular in 1941 across car makers.

On close checking of my 1941 shop manuals there was only 3 choices of colors, (beige with brown, blue with grey and another I've just forgotten off hand). I'm thinking mine was the blue/grey,but as for the seating and springs, they're are as lively as if this gal was still 20 years old!

I follow up your recommendation, thanks,....Jen

Comment

Working...
                              X