Dash Pad Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Pad Replacement

My '64 Daytona has a blue dash pad that is in less than stellar condition. It appears to be glued to the dash panel. It this the case, or are there screws holding it in place? If I send the dash pad out to Ju$t Da$he$ to be rebuilt, is there any special adhesive that I'll need to reinstall it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Without the whole dash to keep it in shape, I don't see how they could repair it and have it still fit the car! It is a very floppy thing with a couple of steel re-inforcements bonded to it. Contact cement will re-install it.

Why not just install a new green one from Sasco and dye it blue? That would probably be at least $300.00 or more cheaper than "Just Dashes" wants! The whole dash has to come out anyway.[^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I can sell him the green 64 pad for $150 to his door, $10 worth of spray dye and he's golden.

JDP/Maryland

64 Commander
      64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert-63
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Or 'blueden".[:I]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by JDP

....worth of spray dye and he's golden.
        '63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
        X