Aluminum radiator for 1954 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum radiator for 1954 Coupe

Can anyone give me a source for an after-market aluminum radiator to fit a 1953 Studebaker coupe? This particular coupe is powered by a Chevrolet V-8 and I'd like to find a replacement radiator that will fit.

Thanks

I got mine from Griffin Radiator, griffinrad.com. According to their web site they maintain templates for virtually every make and model. in my case,
    i sent them measurements from my old radiator and they made one for me.

Comment

Stephen,
      Perhaps you could 'PM' David with the invoice number from Griffin to you.
      They keep good records and that'll save David time with Griffin...
      HTIH
      Jeff

Originally posted by Stephen Davis View Post
      I got mine from Griffin Radiator, griffinrad.com. According to their web site they maintain templates for virtually every make and model. in my case,
      i sent them measurements from my old radiator and they made one for me.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I got mine from Griffin Radiator, too. I opted for a remote filler that I Installed near the top of the block, so I could use a taller radiator without interference from the low hood height.
        Here is some info on a Griffin purchased from Summit Racing by Bob Johnstone:

entire rad - 22 3/4 X 26 3/4
        Core - 17 3/4 X 24 3/4
        Summit 2 row aluminum fits right in the Stude support
        The Summit piece is not a core, it's the entire radiator - generic type, right size, the hoses are in the right places, etc. It doesn't look like a Stude radiator at all. You have to make it fit and hook it up, I was just trying to satisfy the 'cheaper' aspect..

Bob Johnstone

P.S. - I have a sbc 350 as well.

Comment

DEEPNHOCK, That is a great idea. I have found the invoice with my order #. I did not realize that I had paid that much for the radiator, $670.00, in 2004. I suppose that is because it was built " per customer drawing"

Comment

I did not realize that I had paid that much for the radiator
            Beechcraft has a sign up in their shop: "The Quality is Remembered Long After the Price is Forgotten".

Comment

Stephen
              Could you please send me a picture of yours or post it.
              Thanks
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Hi Bob
                I was confused by your post. Was your rad a Griffen Radiator purchased through Summit Racing? Or a Rad that is made by Summit?
                I have always had problems with Summit re with their policies on dealing with Canadians. Not the BEST!
                Brian
                Pictures would also be nice. And how did yours compare price wise to Stephen's?
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
                X