Driving around town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving around town

The other day I had some time and it was a nice day, so my mom and I went for a ride in my '40. I thought I would take some pics of my car and ended up in plant #1 by building #84 (body building) and then went over by #62 (administration). Here are the pics.

Chris Dresbach

From the angle of the third picture, your car looks like a Jaguar.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

You must have the only 1940 on the forum , eh ?
      There should be a quick easy way to see who has what . ( year list ) .
      I think theres 3 1938s , a 4 door and 2 coupes and only one 1940 that i`ve seen .............................................................................

Comment

Originally posted by sdude View Post
        from the angle of the third picture, your car looks like a jaguar.
        I was gonna say that ! ! !

Comment

Has anyone here toured Building 84? Is it just a storage warehouse for AM General or do other activities take place there?
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It's used by AM General but the main part of it is called a warehouse company and anybody can store stuff there. Right now I know of some cars in there. I guess it's pretty nice storage. I have never been in there, but have always wanted to. I know that a few things remain there from the Studebaker days, like the sign above my car in the first pic that says building 84. One of the things I saw in the window when I drove there was some iron crates just like the ones we used at SASCO which were stude originals, so the ones I saw probably were too.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

I have my 54 3R11 stored there for the winter. 135.00 until March. Storage is on the top floor. Jim

Comment

Question: After the Engineering Building (on Sample) and the Foundry are torn down all that will remain is the 84 bldg and the Admin. bldg. Am I correct on this?
                sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Originally posted by White Hawk View Post
                  Question: After the Engineering Building (on Sample) and the Foundry are torn down all that will remain is the 84 bldg and the Admin. bldg. Am I correct on this?
                  That is correct. (snif)....well you could argue that building 113 still stands, but it's connected to building 84, so I consider it the same building.

Last edited by StudHawk60; 11-14-2010, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Chris--great pictures!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by White Hawk View Post
                      You are correct ...IF ...you do not count Studebaker's Plants on Chippewa Ave. (approx. 1 1/2 miles to the south)

Comment

No, I didn't count it.

Comment

I find it interesting that the only buildings that trace to the Horse-Drawn era were on the corner of Sample and LaFayette. I take it, bldg. 92 is/was SASCO?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                            I find it interesting that the only buildings that trace to the Horse-Drawn era were on the corner of Sample and LaFayette. I take it, bldg. 92 is/was SASCO?
                            Yes, Bldg. 92, the old Studebaker Engineering building, housed Dennis Lambert's SASCO for about a decade.

BTW, whose map are we looking at? It is very good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                              Has anyone here toured Building 84?
                              I tried to in 2007. The custodian was unwilling to let anyone inside out of respect for the tenents leasing the place. There were no vacanices at the time, either, so it was off limits for myself and the other SDC member I went there with that day.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X