New Studebaker Drivers Club Logo on Decals, Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Studebaker Drivers Club Logo on Decals, Pins

Is there anyone working on having the new logo made into sewn on crests, or decals, or other logo type items?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDClogo_modern_HiRez.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1732495
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

We can only asuume that SDC has it in the works. Count me in for a couple.

Tom
    sigpic

Comment

I have been wanting a good white background (as in readable) SDC INSIDE application Decal for years, every time we get one, someone gets the bright idea to change it to clear, outside application or square, one color with all of the website and P.O. mailbox info we don't need!

This MIGHT be a good time to finally do it right this time!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm ready to snatch a couple patches and decals up...
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I know that Tom Curtis made the new logo. (He's president of my chapter) As of now, I haven't heard anything about making the new logo into decals or anything, but I'm sure it's in the plans.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I have been wanting a good white background (as in readable) SDC INSIDE application Decal for years, every time we get one, someone gets the bright idea to change it to clear, outside application or square, one color with all of the website and P.O. mailbox info we don't need!

This MIGHT be a good time to finally do it right this time!

I cut the Logo out with scissors and remove the PO box number.
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Hi Mark and all others,

Use of the new logo is only currently authorized by the SDC Board for SDC Chapter newsletters and for use in SDC Chapter websites.

As others have stated more uses are probably being reviewed, but for now that's the limitation we were advised regarding the new logo.

Stay tuned. . . . .
              Henry Votel,
              Forest Lake, MN
              Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

The snail-mail and e-mail addresses are on there for a reason. When a non-member comes up to your vehicle when you are not around it, it becomes clear to them how they can contact SDC.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  The snail-mail and e-mail addresses are on there for a reason. When a non-member comes up to your vehicle when you are not around it, it becomes clear to them how they can contact SDC.
                  I am well aware of that Gary, but as of yet it has never worked that I know of.

And yes when we had that unattractive Blue on White square decal with the contact info, I have on some non-driver cars cut that info off, but not on the Drivers, I just lived with it. But I do prefer the Red, White, Blue & Black inside applied decals that came out recently, much nicer.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'd really like to have a shirt with the new logo.

Randy
                    Randy Ridenour
                    Frostburg,MD
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      I am well aware of that Gary, but as of yet it has never worked that I know of.
                      I don't know how you'd be able to state that with any amount of certainty. Do you post your name/phone/address near the sticker and ask to be notified if the newbie ends up contacting SDC?
                      ~Matt Connor
                      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I was kinda thinking along the lines of what Peanut said!,it must work to a point.
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

That info was very important in the formative years of our club. The decision to do so was made by founder Harry Barnes, who wanted to get he word out about SDC in any way that he could. Obviously it worked then. Do we need it now? is another question. Personally, after being involved with Harry, I choose to leave all of the data on my window. You just never know who is reading it and it may be another newbie member. I am surprised how many people I run into that own Studebakers and do not know of SDC!
                          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

SDC decals and SDC lapel pins

These are what I am looking for.
                            Attached Files
                            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                            Lewisville,NC

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
                              These are what I am looking for.
                              Yes, that is the "OLD" SDC Logo used in that window decal you pictured.

Apparently the "NEW" SDC Logohttp://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=decal

I could have since missed it, but do not recall reading anything/anywhere about a specific SDC Board of Directors action to approve the "NEW" SDC Logo across the board for "Window Decals," etc., etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X