Old Fresno Studebaker Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fresno Studebaker Pictures

Here is a link to 5 Pop Laval Studebaker pictures.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Thanks. Great images!

The photo showing the Electric purported to be a Studebaker is not a Studebaker. Not sure what make it is but the fenders, hubs, dash and other details differ markedly from the Studebaker. Incidentally by 1902 only one of the original 5 brothers involved in the auto/horsedrawn business were still alive and that was John M. If anyone cares to correct the info on the site be my guest.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Hmmm gotta get facebook to peek at your pictures....

Comment

It's true, Cravin. I had to open one to access some tech papers I was reading- the company had everything in one place except two, which they inexplicably put on facebook:? Also, more and more businesses are putting coupons on facebook they don't make available anywhere else.

The good news is, you can open an account without having to play. It will creep you out how they will know who you know and you'll get a bunch of 'friend requests'- I got SEVEN within 5 minutes of opening mine! To those who sent the 'friend requests' but no response, believe me it's nothing personal- I just don't 'get'- and therefore don't 'do'- facebook. But it's worth having just for these types of situations.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          It's true, Cravin. It will creep you out how they will know who you know and you'll get a bunch of 'friend requests'- I got SEVEN within 5 minutes of opening mine! To those who sent the 'friend requests' but no response, believe me it's nothing personal- I just don't 'get'- and therefore don't 'do'- facebook. But it's worth having just for these types of situations.
          I'm NOT EVEN a MEMBER and I get 'friend requests' all the time!!!

I have too much on my plate as it is, thanks...
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            I'm NOT EVEN a MEMBER and I get 'friend requests' all the time!!!
            Dave, if you sign up, when you go onto your page you'll not only have friend requests, you'll have a list of "people you may know" as well; and it too is eerily accurate... easy to ignore though.

Last week I signed up for a free iPad drawing, read a couple news updates (business), and scored a couple coupons. But the rest does not interest me whatsoever.

One question, then I swear I will end my hijack: Does anyone know if those who send 'friend requests' are notified if you select 'ignore'? I don't want to give the wrong impression- it's not the people I want to ignore, it's the further facebook involvement I'm ignoring...
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Personally, I couldn't care less about Facebook. I get requests all the time from "friends." I guess it's an age thing.

Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...d=376191388843
                Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing the link.
                ~Matt Connor
                Jefferson City, MO
                ~Matt Connor
                '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

What if nobody wants to be my friend? thats why I dont open up a facebook account. so lonely so lonely.....

Comment

1. Well the Facebook people don't know that you have ignored them.
                    2. When I signed up Family Pressure I accidently selected something that sent friend Requests to everybody that I ever sent an email too. Consequentily I sent out request to senatore City Councils Cheiefs of Police any vendor, well you get the picture.
                    3. The day I signed up instantly this message thing popped up people were trying to chat wanted me to join Farmville.
                    Boy was I scared. I don't need no Stinkin Farmville don't have time to keep up in the real world more or less Facebook.
                    Anyhow thats where the pictures were so thats why I shared.
                    One good thing about Facebook pictures upkload really fast alot faster than Photobucket . I uploaded about 186 pictures in less than 5 minutes.
                    Ok I think thats it. Hope this explains a little.
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Very interesting pictures. The one of the garage fire is particularly intriguing. Lots of interesting machinery in there.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Love Ya, Anne, and I'm sure the pics were interesting, but I won't go there (sign up with Facebook), I made that mistake once and got bombarded by requests from folks I never heard of. I backed out(I think), at least I don't get requests any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...d=376191388843
                          VERY neat pictures. Thank you for finding and posting them.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

For those of you that can't go on Facebook here are the pictures.
                            Attached Files
                            Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Working...
                            X