Hawk grille surounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk grille surounds

I need a pair of Hawk grille surounds for my Hawk. I bid on Larry's NOS ones today but at over $400 each I had to stop, I drove the bids over $400. Right now I just need straight re-plateable surounds to get the front end sheet metal aligned. The 61 Hawk I have has suroundds that are replate-able but with issues.

1. The left side is bent slightly so I need a straight one to use as a model to match. I am not sure how far I can bend pot metal back without it cracking.

2. The right side seems straight and has no nasty pits. The issue with this side is that three of the mounting stud holes were drilled so deep that there are holes in the front face! I am sure it can be repaired but I just wondered how it got on the car? Was it a "Factory Second" that surfaced after Stude closed?

Bottom line is I need a pair of straight, re-platable surounds, and I stress the "Straight" part. Can anyone help a fellow American who is down on his luck?

Jon Kammer

Currently I have a set sold to a guy in Arizona, if that falls through I can let you know.

As for the drilled through one, I highly doubt it left the factory that way, chances are
    at some point in the last 50 years someone did a repair and went overboard. From
    the factory these are rivoted on, but over the years things happen, I had a set years
    ago that looked as though someone was STANDING on the inserts!!

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Jon, email sent.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Oh, and watch out .. 1962 is the same casting, but its painted from the factory.
        It also has an insert turn signal in the insert. I have a couple of those stored for
        a "rainy day".

Tom
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
        X