Hydrovac rebuild for dicc brake Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrovac rebuild for dicc brake Hawk

Where can I get the original hydrovac rebuilt for my 64 disc brake Hawk? I prefer getting my unit rebuilt but would consider exchange. Who does them?

I'm sure there are others, but one of the best is "Booster" Dewey out of Portland. I've bought several from him and never had a problem. Boosters are all he does, every day, and that's probably why he's so good. Did my Lincoln boosters without a problem, and can even refinish them as original. He has units ready to exchange, and usually sends same day. I believe he will rebuild yours and return it if that's your preference.

Power Brake Booster Exchange rebuilds vacuum brake boosters and supplies hard-to-find booster parts. Find out more about our services online today.

Comment

Bams,
      Just called Booster Dewey. He does not do hydrovacs but gave me a number of Midwest Power in Illinois, 708 563 9326. I called him and ended up buying a new reproduction unit for $390. Not cheap but a rebuild of the original was 290 and several parts would have to be reused. Booster Dewey had a better rebuild price for the Avanti booster at 140 vs 180 from Mdwest Power.
      Thanks for the help Bams.

Comment

For many years my friend carmen anastasio (master power brakes) was the source for many of the internal parts for these bendix boosters.......some of the rubber parts etc........dewey included........also white post......never did the actual sleeving..........master power did it........but most never knew.

Comment

Good Nels. I'm sure Dewey steered you right. Do let us know how it works out for you!

Comment

I just had mine done by Dave Tbow. Actually, he sends them off to a rebuilder in Oregon he has been very happy with (no, I didn't ask him who.) 350.00, but I decided to go all out and added the Studebaker kit that was developed after production was shut down - it reduces pedal pressure required to stop. That's another 100.00 for a total of 450.00 - BUT it now has the best brakes since I bought the car in 1988, so it was worth it to me. Russ Farris
            1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
            1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Comment

Working...
            X