This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Drum Stud

I need a Right rear brake drun stud for a 1955 President . A previous owner has stripped the threads on one stud. This is a left handed thread, I would use a right handed thread if lefts are not avaliable. Any valid part numbers or contact apreciated.[:0]

If your RR drum has LH thread studs on it, either your drums are swapped side to side, or else you have two lefts. The left side of the car should have LH thread studs, the RH side of the car should have RH thread studs. (except later cars which had all RH thread studs)

no sense confusing the only tire guy left who remembers old Studebakers and MoPars and expects the lefts to be LH thread...

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

N8N , I miss spoke, it is the left rear brake drum in Question. I need the stud for the left rear drun.

Comment

makes more sense that way... I would try SASCO but don't have my parts book handy to see if they actually have them in stock or not. Wasn't meaning to be a jerk, I actually have seen cars with the brake drums put back on the wrong wheels. ISTR my '67 Dart came to me like that, and what's worse, one wheel had a mix of LH and RH studs.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

N8N, read it as constructive, Will you be in Omaha? That is one nice town. We plan to have yellow feather (1955 President panited white over yellow) in Omaha.

Comment

You should be able to get left thread studs from your Friendly Local Auto Parts Supply. I don't have my parts catalog here but it should list the stud size and thread pitch.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            33 Rockne 10
            51 Commander Starlight
            53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

MY friendly auto supply? yes friendly. If I can't tell them who made Studabaker, like Ford or Chevy, then they don't have a clue.You are correct, I should be able to get the part local but our local O'Riley and Auto Zone employees are toooo darn young and perhaps not motivated.

Comment

Problem brate drum stud found in Oklahoma City,55/60 miles west of here. Made a enjoyable trip after church, ate at a nice restaurant, my wife enjoyed chasing parts down today. Now to the machine shop for a stud change.

Comment

Working...
                X