This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Studebaker Clock?

I won the bid on a Clock on Ebay and when I got it, I found that the clock on Ebay was 5 inches wide and my clock hole is 3 inches wide. I have a 1950 Champion. The seller has agreed to take the clock back, and issue me a refund plus shipping both ways, and in return I told him I would try and find out if it went on a Studebaker. If so, then I am at the right place to find out. The backside of the clock has a round area that is 2 1/4" wide, and that area won't fit into a 50 Champion hole either. The item # of the ebay item is 200008351635, which is not an active item any longer sinc I won the bid, but I am sure it will be back if the seller can find out what it is for. Hope yaw can help! Thanks!

Don Dodson

1950 Studebaker Commander, he had it listed correctly for a 1950, but the dash is different between the Champion and Commander.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Avanti R1/AC
    63 Avanti R2/4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT(parts car)
    60 Lark convert
    60 Hawk
    56 Power Hawk/4 speed/289
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks John! I'll let him know so that he can list it again with that distinction in his discription, when he gets it back.

Don Dodson

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Original50

Thanks John! I'll let him know so that he can list it again with that distinction in his discription, when he gets it back.

Did you get a 'bargain' deal on it? If you did, it may be worth keeping it for trade for the correct one. Several in SDC do hoard Stude parts, and would be willing to swap that Commander clock for the Champion clock you require. The numerals sure look in great shape without any staining on them.

Craig

Comment

Craig, the clock is in great shape, and clean as a whistle. Since we all know now that it is for a Commander, then there is no question that it is a 6 volt clock. I'm not into making deals for my profit. I am retired, and have already had my chance to make money. Now it's someone elses turn to try and grab a piece of the action. All I want is a clock to fit on that 3 inch hole to cover up the hole. The plastic cone that was in the hole got hot and warped out of shape, soz I gotta come up with something to cover up the hole that will look descent. My brother is into woodworking, and has a woodworking shop and he says that he can make me a nice cone out of wood that will fit the hole, but if I can find a clock, I can get David Linquist to change the movement to a quartz movement. He has already done that for my 67 Charger,and 59 Impala. Shucks, gotta spend it on something. Why get a freebie from my brother, he is still working for a living? Yaw stand by and keep an eye out for the item to re=appear on Ebay. I'm not going to let Brad Harr pay for something that I should have checked out before I bid on the item. I had my bid up there where it would be hard for anyone else to get it unless they overbid my high bid of $326.00 Now it is someone else's turn.

Don Dodson

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Original50

I'm not into making deals for my profit.

If you did an even swap with someone, BOTH parties would 'profit' from the arrangement; not just one side. And there would be no money changing hands. I have done deals similar to that several times, such as when I was restoring my C-cab. For example, I had a couple of NOS GT Hawk emblems which I traded for some pristine, undented inside door panels that I needed. I was only happy to get them, and so was guy to get the emblems, who owns a '63 GT. Admittedly in your case, it is nice of that seller to issue you the full refund plus shipping. Some are not so forgiving even when an honest error is made.

Craig.

Comment

Original50,

I have that bullet shaped clock hole cover-it's yours for free. Send me your address
              by email and I'll send it to you. I removed it from my 50 Starlight last year after winning
              the clock for it on ebay. The Champion clocks are very rare since I looked for two years before finding one and had to bid over $300 to win it. And even then I had to repair it.
              I wouldn't change it to quartz movement because I keep the car as strictly stock as I can.
              email is <rcurtis105@cox.net>

1950 Champion Starlight
              1963 Hawk GT
              Santa Barbara
              CA
              The 1950 Champion Starlight
              Santa Barbara
              CA

Comment

Working...
              X