1957 Provincial wagon in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Provincial wagon in MN

Here's a link to a very reasonably priced Provincial ($2900). I saw this car yesterday took a couple photos, but the ones on the site look better. I suppose the car runs, but I did not see it run. There is no headliner in it and soundproofing panels (?) are hanging down some. It looks very original. They call it a Commander wagon, but it is a Provincial. Actually, it's probably a good deal. If I had more room and more money maybe I'd go for it, but you know how it is.

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

All I can say at this point is:

"Interesting, VERY VERY INTERESTING!!!"

It does indeed look like a nice ride, and I know some folks that'll back me up on that~ here they come now...

StudeDave [8D]
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

All I can say at this point is:

"Interesting, VERY VERY INTERESTING!!!"

It does indeed look like a nice ride, and I know some folks that'll back me up on that~ here they come now...

StudeDave [8D]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

WOW! very nice Provintial! And Overdrive to boot!
        very nice Blue car, Interior and dash, but what's up with that Turquoise GREEN front seat? [xx(][xx(]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

WOW! very nice Provintial! And Overdrive to boot!
          very nice Blue car, Interior and dash, but what's up with that Turquoise GREEN front seat? [xx(][xx(]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I wish it gave more information about the car. She sure is a beauty. It's a Commander, because of the motor. The trim and interior package are a Provincial, I think? It's kind of like my Commander/Parkview. Commander motor, Parkview wagon.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I wish it gave more information about the car. She sure is a beauty. It's a Commander, because of the motor. The trim and interior package are a Provincial, I think? It's kind of like my Commander/Parkview. Commander motor, Parkview wagon.

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

I imagine it was or is owned now by a member of the club. There are two Studebaker Drivers Club decals on the tailgate window. Probably the original front seat upholstery just got too mangled and that's why it has that off color front seat cover. It has an extra gauge under the dash to left of the steering wheel, but I didn't notice what it was for. I remember the motor has the optional oil filter setup on it.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I imagine it was or is owned now by a member of the club. There are two Studebaker Drivers Club decals on the tailgate window. Probably the original front seat upholstery just got too mangled and that's why it has that off color front seat cover. It has an extra gauge under the dash to left of the steering wheel, but I didn't notice what it was for. I remember the motor has the optional oil filter setup on it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

[)]Ron, how do you know it's a Commader motor? I didn't see any mention of the motor. And what would the difference in engines be anyway?[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

[)]Ron, how do you know it's a Commader motor? I didn't see any mention of the motor. And what would the difference in engines be anyway?[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                      http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Steve the commanders had 259 engines not 289 I believe.I looked at a 58 4 door Commander Saturday and it was a 259.Presidents had 289 engines
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Steve the commanders had 259 engines not 289 I believe.I looked at a 58 4 door Commander Saturday and it was a 259.Presidents had 289 engines
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I sent an e-mail to them inquiring to the condition of the motor, etc. Here's their response:

quote:> -----
                            > The pictures look great, though are small. What are the floors like? Is
                            > there any rust? How does it run, are the brakes, etc.?
                            >
                            > -----

Hi Ronald, the car runs out good. I have not seen anyproblem with the
                            brakes. There are some little bubbling in the paint. Feel free to give me
                            a call here too at 952 446-1950 ext 3

Thanks Nate

Steve, the originating post here called it a Commander (the engine), which is the script on the right and left front fenders forward of the wheel-well. I'm pretty sure, Commander or President refers to the engine. On my wagon, Parkview is in script on the tailgate, while Commander is on the front fender. This car looks to be the same. The pictures are so small, though, it makes it hard to tell.

Lotsa Larks!
                            Ron Smith
                            Ron Smith

Comment

I sent an e-mail to them inquiring to the condition of the motor, etc. Here's their response:

quote:> -----
                              > The pictures look great, though are small. What are the floors like? Is
                              > there any rust? How does it run, are the brakes, etc.?
                              >
                              > -----

Hi Ronald, the car runs out good. I have not seen anyproblem with the
                              brakes. There are some little bubbling in the paint. Feel free to give me
                              a call here too at 952 446-1950 ext 3

Thanks Nate

Steve, the originating post here called it a Commander (the engine), which is the script on the right and left front fenders forward of the wheel-well. I'm pretty sure, Commander or President refers to the engine. On my wagon, Parkview is in script on the tailgate, while Commander is on the front fender. This car looks to be the same. The pictures are so small, though, it makes it hard to tell.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X